EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Does anyone have a air compressor that I can use while at the rally? I still have the TST system that I need to get onto my coach. But really have not had time to get it done. I was thinking that during a lazy rally day would be a great time to getter done!

ncc1701e

Tom and Millie,
So sorry to hear you won't be able to be with us at Gulf Shores. We hope your health issues are resolved quickly and we will count on seeing you at the Fall Rally. If you should change your mind, just let us know. We will have a place for you.

Stay in touch,
Hogan Cooper

Please keep us in the loop for the fall planning. Just will be impossible for this one.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Wednesday night is probably the best night to go to LuLu's. We should have a good sized group of early arrivals;

hogan

Here's the Scoop!

Ice Cream Alert-
If you have a favorite Blue Bell ice cream flavor that you can't do without, better sound off. So far have one request for Chocolate Chip and an order for Vanilla and Dutch Chocolate. Might see banana split, butter pecan, lemon??? Will be watching the forum for any requests.

JJOren

I'm thinking Blue Bell used to have a "Chocolate Turtle"...something like that? Vanilla ice cream, nuts, chocolate and carmel...and if they don't have it they should!!!!..LOL

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Ice cream!?! Yum! Our freezer doesn't get cold enough for ice cream... something with peanut butter in it or Neapolatin??

Lou_and_Bette

Michael, I also have a compressor so maybe we can double-team the task and get it done faster. Where are all you slow pokes...Bette and I are sitting in Gulf Shores right now. Hogan, just a bit of info...they thought I was speaking on tounges when I mentioned I was with the heartland group and I thought they where going to have appoplexy when I said there were 30-40 rigs coming. They said I could move if we were all going to be close to each other

hogan

Lou, we will be there Sunday around Noon-ish. I talked to my contact at the park this afternoon and she mentioned we already had some folks there. She said the park had been running high attendance but we should be good for our Rally. She is setting up for us to be in the loop that includes sites 123-185 which is across Raccoon Blvd. from the pool and activities center. What site are you on presently? If you want to just hang there until we get there on Sunday; we will decide where in that area we have the most sites together. Glad we got boots on the ground. I may send you on a mission. Wayne and Nita drove through the campground yesterday. They reported seeing a Bighorn there also. Have you found any other Heartland folks? See you soon.

JJOren

LOL...yeah Jim, there are enough calories in a bowl of that stuff to solve the energy crisis!!!!

Lou_and_Bette

Hogan, we are in 456 near the end of Raccoon Rd. We haven't had a chance to scout out the area...had to wash the Love bugs off the rig and then go to the grocery store...yeah for Publix Will check out the park if you want in AM

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Hogan and Donna;

Heavenly Hash is my favorite but the doctor tells me it's Orange, Lime, or Pineapple Sherbert :(

GETnBYE

Michael, I also have a compressor so maybe we can double-team the task and get it done faster. Where are all you slow pokes...Bette and I are sitting in Gulf Shores right now. Hogan, just a bit of info...they thought I was speaking on tounges when I mentioned I was with the heartland group and I thought they where going to have appoplexy when I said there were 30-40 rigs coming. They said I could move if we were all going to be close to each other

Lou & Bette, We will be moving over there tomorrow, (Sunday), we are packing up now. See you all soon. Nita

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
I was looking for things to do and see while we are in Gulf Shores and this is the list I came up with:

Historic Ft Morgan (about a 25 mile drive through the penisula) - http://www.ft-morgan.com/
Adults - $5
Seniors - $4
Military - Free

Gulf State Pier - http://www.alapark.com/GulfState/Gulf%20State%20Park%20Pier/
Fishing - $8.00
Sightseeing - $3.00 all day

Original Oyster House Boardwalk - 701 Gulf Shores Pkwy
Looks like lots of interesting little shops and eateries

If you interested in caravaning or hitching a ride let us know. I'm 99% sure we'll go to Ft Morgan just not sure what day.

Status
Not open for further replies.