expansion noise ??

Bobby A

I got the front Hydraulic landing gear at Lippert while at the Goshen Rally. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not but every morning when the sun hits the nose of the trailer I get a expansion like noise (like a ticking sound) every couple minutes, this last for probably an hour. Than it goes away all day till later in the evening when the temps start to cool down for the evening it starts again for a while. I guess I never really noticed it when I had the electric landing gear. Is this normal ?? or do I have something else going on that I'm not aware of ?? Any thoughts ??

Thanks,
Bobby A

DougS

Doug S
Not sure if your system is the same as the Landmark, but mine has the same noise, usually on concrete or blacktop and sometimes wooden boards. Try putting a nylon board under pods, the pods seem to want to move outwards, and the nylon let's the pods move so ever slightly. I bought nylon cutting boards at Wally World for under $2.50 each. Noise usually is cut about 95%.

Bobby A

Thanks guys for posting to my thread, our site in gravel and dirt mixed, its pretty packed down as we have been on thee same site for about 7 years, pulling in and out so the site is real packed down.

I am so surprised though, we have currently 72 reviews and only the 2 of you have posted with same issue. Aren't we the lucky ones !!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I think many may have thought your question had been answered but for what it's worth...we get the creaking noises when the rig heats up from the morning sun also! It doesn't last long and doesn't happen as much in milder weather.

Bobby A

I think many may have thought your question had been answered but for what it's worth...we get the creaking noises when the rig heats up from the morning sun also! It doesn't last long and doesn't happen as much in milder weather.

Thanks everyone for the posts, your right, it doesn't happen in milder weather conditions.