Experiences with Heartland Dealers in CA

SButler83

I have not been very pleased with See Grins at all. I was wondering if anyone else has better things to say about another Heartland dealer in CA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aandaar

Hate to say it but just about all of them have issues. Some more than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Sarge

We had a terribly frustrating experience trying to buy a Cyclone3611JS from Giant RV -

Ended up buying a 362RW (basically same rig) from Dennis Dillon RV.

Great experience - Would repeat and will refer buyers to DDRV....

Sarge

Aandaar

We had a good sales experience with GIANT in Coltan. But our service experiences with them have just been horrific.

Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

BusManRG

We tried to buy local at Manteca Trailer. That was a nightmare! They even refused to honor a written, on their letterhead, quote for our trade. We contacted Mike Moreland from Heartland and he gave us names of other dealers in CA. First we emailed Giant RV with an offer, but when I replied to his offer with a counter, I never heard back. I called Mike back with an update and told him I was going to call Happy Daze in Sacramento (there were 3 on his list). Before I could make the call I got a call from them saying that Mike had contacted them told them to give us a call. We take the unit in this week for warranty work so I can't day much about their service depart yet, although the preliminary work has been great. I'd recommend giving them a call!

Sandy

wdk450

We tried to buy local at Manteca Trailer. That was a nightmare! They even refused to honor a written, on their letterhead, quote for our trade. We contacted Mike Moreland from Heartland and he gave us names of other dealers in CA. First we emailed Giant RV with an offer, but when I replied to his offer with a counter, I never heard back. I called Mike back with an update and told him I was going to call Happy Daze in Sacramento (there were 3 on his list). Before I could make the call I got a call from them saying that Mike had contacted them told them to give us a call. We take the unit in this week for warranty work so I can't day much about their service depart yet, although the preliminary work has been great. I'd recommend giving them a call!

Sandy

If I was about to buy, and intended to use my selling dealer for service, I would look at RVServiceReviews.com for reviews on that dealer's service. It sounds like dealer loyalty and buy local, get lost in the poor service received after the sale from most dealers. Most of us advocate using an INDEPENDENT (No RV Sales) RV service business for warranty repairs, which Heartland Service will pay with a phone call to them prior to the service being performed. I like RV Dr. George and Allied Trailer Supply service departments in Sacramento.

If you can deal with an out of state dealer over the internet/phone this may save you many thousands, even with delivery charges. E-Bay Motors has many listings from dealers throughout the U.S.

It is sad to say that many of the local dealers have ruined their own RV sales with deplorable service.

Bogie

I'm not sure if you have had sales or service issues. I purchased from See Grins three years ago. The sales experience was very good and the PDI was excellent. They even made a pin adjustment for me that was not part of the contract. My rig was used, but originally sold by them so warranty was not in play for me.

I don't have any other service experience with them as I pretty much self maintain and repair.

TXTiger

When I purchased my Cyclone in 2012 I was still living in San Diego. I went to La Mesa RV and Giant in Murrietta. Neither would even come close to the offer I got on the internet from Explore USA in Dallas TX. So I drove to TX and made my purchase. I has no issues getting service from La Mesa RV and thought their service dept was great.

Sarge

We had a good sales experience with GIANT in Coltan. But our service experiences with them have just been horrific.

That was the beginning of the end for us with Giant in Colton -

They quoted $3900 for a hitch install even though my RAM has the factory fifth wheel prep.

Blessing in disguise since we ended up with a better deal on a 2017 than they offered on a 2016....

Sarge

Cholo

We been looking in Cal for about 1 1/2 yrs including the big show in LA, (going on now, BTW) and others. After deciding we wanted a Landmark, we asked for a few quotes on the internet from out of state dealers and sent a copy of the best quote, (after hours of research to make sure it was the best price I could get), to all the dealers mentioned in these posts and, a few not mentioned. Only 3 responded and all 3 said they would match the quote so, shopping we went. We did not mind that we drove a long distance because it gave us a chance to see the Landmartk. We knew we had to order ours because we wanted just about every option we could get. All 3 fell flat when it came to price quotes! None honored the email nor the phone calls we made prior to driving down. I decided to try Oregon. We like the state and live near the border. No luck with the larger dealers there. I looked on the Heartland website to find a dealer and found a smaller dealer in Grants Pass, (which is closer to me than the rest of them). The name of this dealer is River City RV. Not only did they beat the quote they were very patient with our inability to purchase right away, (it took almost a year from the first quote to today). We finally ordered our Newport and it will be here soon!!

macjj

Like many that replied, we went to the Internet. RVServiceReviews.com was one of my considerations sites. We live in San Diego, but purchased from RVOutlet USA in Danville Virginia. Dealer/Owner was great, and as my Significant Other states "saved you money". Later when I elected to install the 6 point lippert system, Lippert recommended a dealer in Texas. There ratings on RVServiceReviews.com and other sites were freighting, went back to Lippert and Heartland and were referred to a dealer in Jacksonville Fl. Bottom line, reasearch pays off. Saved $20k on the purchase from any offer in CA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

Like many that replied, we went to the Internet. RVServiceReviews.com was one of my considerations sites. We live in San Diego, but purchased from RVOutlet USA in Danville Virginia. Dealer/Owner was great, and as my Significant Other states "saved you money". Later when I elected to install the 6 point lippert system, Lippert recommended a dealer in Texas. There ratings on RVServiceReviews.com and other sites were freighting, went back to Lippert and Heartland and were referred to a dealer in Jacksonville Fl. Bottom line, reasearch pays off. Saved $20k on the purchase from any offer in CA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that the Heartland Western Regional Sales manager ought to be reading this thread.

Mizmary

We bought from La Mesa RV in San Diego, and have had average service from their service department. Their parts department, though (RV Parts World) has been wonderful to us. We've been in there quite a bit.

We use a mobile RV service guy to come do any work on the camper, though. He has done several jobs for us, and has earned our trust.

Oldelevatorman

We been looking in Cal for about 1 1/2 yrs including the big show in LA, (going on now, BTW) and others. After deciding we wanted a Landmark, we asked for a few quotes on the internet from out of state dealers and sent a copy of the best quote, (after hours of research to make sure it was the best price I could get), to all the dealers mentioned in these posts and, a few not mentioned. Only 3 responded and all 3 said they would match the quote so, shopping we went. We did not mind that we drove a long distance because it gave us a chance to see the Landmartk. We knew we had to order ours because we wanted just about every option we could get. All 3 fell flat when it came to price quotes! None honored the email nor the phone calls we made prior to driving down. I decided to try Oregon. We like the state and live near the border. No luck with the larger dealers there. I looked on the Heartland website to find a dealer and found a smaller dealer in Grants Pass, (which is closer to me than the rest of them). The name of this dealer is River City RV. Not only did they beat the quote they were very patient with our inability to purchase right away, (it took almost a year from the first quote to today). We finally ordered our Newport and it will be here soon!!

Once we finally decided on the Newport the only one near us (NorCal)was ET Quality RV in Yuba City. We almost bought from them but La Mesa in Phoenix beat their price by $2000 so we drove there and picked it up. We brought it home and it needed a few small things repaired. Called the local La Mesa in Davis, left messages and nobody ever called. My wife called our salesman who we'd first met while looking at the Villano as I was on my way to La Mesa to get an appointment in person. When I got there they couldn't have been nicer. Thanks, Gus! My appointment was this past Wednesday. They were almost done with everything yesterday so hoping to pick it up this Friday. So although the service experience started out rough, I'm hoping it ends up better. Stay tuned, Jim

Cholo

Once we finally decided on the Newport the only one near us (NorCal)was ET Quality RV in Yuba City. We almost bought from them but La Mesa in Phoenix beat their price by $2000 so we drove there and picked it up. We brought it home and it needed a few small things repaired. Called the local La Mesa in Davis, left messages and nobody ever called. My wife called our salesman who we'd first met while looking at the Villano as I was on my way to La Mesa to get an appointment in person. When I got there they couldn't have been nicer. Thanks, Gus! My appointment was this past Wednesday. They were almost done with everything yesterday so hoping to pick it up this Friday. So although the service experience started out rough, I'm hoping it ends up better. Stay tuned, Jim

CONGRATULATIONS!! Don't forget to call Heartland customer service and some of the manufactures of the various components. They all have been awesome for us on our issues.
We also went to ET Quality. They did not have any Landmarks at the time and was not sure if they were going to have any due to the cost. I did see one on their lot a few weeks ago.
We love our trailer except have not been able to tow it due to the loss of our truck. Hopefully new truck soon.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We purchased from Giant in Colton in 2010 and have to agree with others regarding their service dept. They are in the business of selling and only reluctantly repair the units they sell. All the decent managers who worked here a few years back have moved on and I can no longer recommend Giant for sales or service.

Regardless of who you purchase from, take your rig to an authorized independent repair facility when you need work done. Repair is their bread and butter and they have much more incentive to make their customers happy than any dealer. Just have them check with Heartland if your rig is still under warranty, to make sure your repairs are authorized before beginning any work. Trace

rcapx

We bought our Bighorn in Elkhart, IN while on vacation. When we returned to our home in Southern CA I called the dealers to make an appoint for warranty work. After calling all three Giant RV dealers, I found it would take months to get in. The Giant RV service center in Wildemar has had our trailer longer than we have. I'm looking for recommendations on independent service centers near the Colton, CA area that will do warranty work. This is my first post and I apologize if this information has already been posted but I've not been able to find it.

jimtoo

Hi rcapx,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call. Explain your problem and ask if they can give you contact info for someone in your area. You may also look around and check with some service folks, ask if they would work with Heartland.. but make sure you get an OK before any work is done.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
We had a terribly frustrating experience trying to buy a Cyclone3611JS from Giant RV -

Ended up buying a 362RW (basically same rig) from Dennis Dillon RV.

Great experience - Would repeat and will refer buyers to DDRV....

Sarge

I second that

wdk450

We bought our Bighorn in Elkhart, IN while on vacation. When we returned to our home in Southern CA I called the dealers to make an appoint for warranty work. After calling all three Giant RV dealers, I found it would take months to get in. The Giant RV service center in Wildomar has had our trailer longer than we have. I'm looking for recommendations on independent service centers near the Colton, CA area that will do warranty work. This is my first post and I apologize if this information has already been posted but I've not been able to find it.

Besides calling Heartland Service, I would suggest you look at RVServiceReviews.com You might check in my old nearby hometown of Hemet. This is now known as a retirement town with a large population of RV's, and independent servicers looking for business.

Remember that independent RV servicers (NO RV SALES) depend ENTIRELY on their service income and to fund their businesses. Rapid turnaround (and payment) and word of mouth good advertising are vital to their business' success. They have no RV sales profits revenues to "subsidise" the service department. I am sure that most RV sales operations only have service departments because they are required to by the RV manufacturers.