Fla campground recommendations

Capt7383

Looking for a campground in Fla. For three months january, February,March 2017. Would like to be close to water, fresh or salt. I was hoping for some recommendations. We have a 35 ft fiver, 3070re.
Many thanks

z06

Looking for a campground in Fla. For three months january, February,March 2017. Would like to be close to water, fresh or salt. I was hoping for some recommendations. We have a 35 ft fiver, 3070re.
Many thanks

Good luck. I live here in FL. Cant get into local or state parks until April.

donr827

Florida is a very long state. If you are trying to get away from cold weather you need to go south of Ocala area.
Don

Piperflyer

We are wintering south of Naples in Silver Lakes this winter and have really enjoyed the warm weather. Although FL is setting records for rain this year, it sure beats the cold and snow we are use to home. Recommend you start looking for a place now for 2017 and get a deposit in on it. FL RV Parks fill up fast and you don't want to be on a waiting list because you didn't do your homework and secure a spot early. I would also be looking south of Ocala or lower down the state if your looking for a place you wouldn't need to turn heat on. Check out RVParky.com for campground information.

Westwind

Here is a website you might use to find campgrounds in area's you are interested in - the first to find it the second to look at reviews. Like everyone advised, start looking now - the closer you are to the coasts the more expensive it can be. West coast seems to have more campgrounds near the water many are park model type with a few open transient campsites in order to keep the campground designation. As the country goes, the further north in Florida you are the colder it can get.

http://www.campflorida.com
http://www.campgroundreviews.com

Aussiecat

I live in Ft Myers Florida on the West coast and like everyone says, at this time of year the parks are jam packed, we put the cover on our unit and wait for the snowbirds to head North in April. Www.riversidervresort.com is a nice park with a short drive to the gulf. Book early to avoid disappointment.

oldelmer1

We are here in Olde Mill Stream in Umatilla Fl. its an hour north of Orlando. Nice park, sites are 40 x 60 with cement pads as your patio. We have our own lake, its a good 3 or 4 acres large. it does get cool here, sometimes 40ish at night and 60's to 80 during the day. There are lots of Canadians here, but lots of them are not coming back next year cause of the exchange rate. SO, you might be able to get in for 3 months next year. Take a look see at their website.

aatauses

Not sure if you want to stay in the gulf area. It may be a little chilly(not cold) and there will be less people. If so try Pensacola RV park---the owners are on site all the time and you will not find a nicer couple to help you with anything.
al
currently in AZ

Geodude

We only booked in Sep/Oct for six weeks in February/March 2016. We get antsy after a week in one place and so booked 4-5-6 nights in six different locations. We didn't have too much difficulty finding places (Keys, Miami/Everglades, St. Petersburg, Ocala, Panhandle, Alabama).

Capt7383

Thank you very much for all the replies I happen to have been in Florida in the Sarasota area last week and we found a place called frog Creek Campground I put my name on the list hopefully we'll be able to get in.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

vangoes

Hey Capt.
If you are talking about Frog Creek in Palmetto its a decent and friendly campground for the price/area. We stay at Fiesta Grove Campground next door to Frog Creek and really like it also.

Thank you very much for all the replies I happen to have been in Florida in the Sarasota area last week and we found a place called frog Creek Campground I put my name on the list hopefully we'll be able to get in.

Hobo2

We stayed at fiesta key for 2 weeks in feb. My slide was 4 inches from the guy next to me and they overlap. He was sitting in his chair and me in mine,we were eye to eye 24 inches apart. We had a pull through site. They had sites open for next jan thru feb at that time. They had raised there prices a lot. Don't quote me but I think it was around twenty something a month.

agpopp

We love Disney's Fort Wilderness, possibly the nicest campground you will ever find, park lover or not. Also, look at Lake Magic in Clermont- We hope to stay for a month this summer for only $650

Westwind

Disney is definitely not $650 in the winter months, if I understood my neighbor who has been staying there for years, $3,000 is closer to their monthly rate, their rates they vary and can change daily. Good Luck

agpopp

Disney is definitely not $650 in the winter months, if I understood my neighbor who has been staying there for years, $3,000 is closer to their monthly rate, their rates they vary and can change daily. Good Luck

Read my post, slower this time.

CaptnJohn

We snowbird near Sarasota ~~ Going to have to look that one up next winter. We generally spend Jan & Feb near Sarasota...