Floor vent for furnace broken, where to order?

Lynn1130

I did. I went to Home Depot and pick up some of the metal vents of the same size and replaced them all.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine were all metal, but I replaced them with metal adjustable vents from the big box store a long time ago. And in nine seasons of using them to regulate hot air flow, there has not been a problem with the furnace burning up.

Bookoo

I agree. The adjustable ones fit great and are a little more sturdier. take one of the originals to size up. The new ones are just a tad bigger, but they actually fit better.

Lynn1130

Mine are the adjustable also but I did not mention that because I figured someone would tell me that shutting off heat in one area is not recommended by the manufacturer. :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Agree - we replaced ours with the adjustable metal vents from Home Depot.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think the key is "adjustable" -- you can direct the air accordingly. If you shut off the vent completely, you can possibly cause issues with furnace operation over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I think the key is "adjustable" -- you can direct the air accordingly. If you shut off the vent completely, you can possibly cause issues with furnace operation over time.

Shutting off ALL the vents is probably not a good idea. But closing off the shorter ones (like the bedroom and bath) that sit right over the furnace to get more warm air down the 20 to 30 feet into the living area is unlikely to cause a back pressure problem in the system.

CoveredWagon

Mine are the adjustable also but I did not mention that because I figured someone would tell me that shutting off heat in one area is not recommended by the manufacturer. :)

If we don’t close off the one in the bathroom you need to use cold water in the shower to cool off. Lol 😂