Freedom of speech

CrazyScotsman

Nice to see the other side of the story.
Not many if any other RV manufacturer would get on a public forum to give their side of the story.
Keep up the good work Heartland.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sounds like a good time to let this one rest until Mr. Blackwell, Heartland and whoever else is involved can work it out to a mutually satisfiable conclusion. Otherwise, it just supposition and finger pointing at shadows.

And FWIW, if you read some of the stories, geeksrus's suggestion about Good Sam's Action Line is valid as a last resort. I don't think we're there yet and probably never will be.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, your right about lets wait and see what happen's. But you have to admit what Marc said was true and funny. LOL EH.

geeksrus

I am surprised it took you so long. Was your power off or what? BTW, this is not helping matters here. This is a perfect scenario where a PM should have been used instead of a public statement. EH!

Thanks for the 'bashing'... you just made my day!

Eh!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
OK! It appears to be going south on this thread too. Come on folks. I know the Title is "Freedom of Speech" but let's not get carried away. Let's just relax and see how this ends. Hopefully as most of us believe, Heartland will do what they can, within reason. Thanks.

lwmcguir

After following many of the post that have had significant issues it seems that Heartland needs a consumer advocate (facilitator) or somthing similar to Jim that can get involved immediately. They could be the contact or point person that helps people through these larger issues. I know this would have helped us and may still as we have more issues than I would like to have with our unit. If it hasn't happened to you directly I don't think you understand the emotional side of the large investment that is not living up to what you expected in the show room or brochure. Having thought about all this and watching it unfold for many folks, I feel their pain. They need someone they can talk to and feel they are being looked after from the start and it would stop many of these post we see. That would be a positive thing for all of us. The forum has a lot of valuable information. It kept us from having a disaster when someone posted their spring axle issue. I went out and checked ours and the LH side tire was going to get torn by the shock absorber with less than 500 miles on the unit. Everyone should stay a bit calmer and think before they post, but continue to post due to the benefits that can be and have been had. A lot of great information on the forums that will help a lot of folks have a better experience and a safer one.

biggziff

Why are people surprised that their actions carry a consequence???

You honestly think that punishing someone by refusing to repair a major structural defect, especially one that has shown up on this forum quite a few times, is fair or good business?

Punitive damage is fair game for expressing your opinion?

Seriously?

If what the OP has said is in fact true, I'm appalled at Heartland's response. That's my opinion.

There are laws to protect consumers in the US. They date back to the very birth of our legal system. One has to do with a little thing called "Fitness of Merchantability" The OP should educate themselves on these laws.

biggziff

You keep talking about all these horrible "things" that have happened to your trailer. It might help us to understand if you would elaborate on them in a calm, clear, non-bashing manner...without detailed information, his original comment and your followup comments, could appear to some, to be that of someone with possible buyer's remorse who's taking it out on the manufacturer.:confused: Unfortunately, we've seen that several times in the past...

I don't know what you read, but what I read was a calm, clear, concise, non-bashing post from someone who wishes to share their experience with Heartland service. Trying to misdirect by suggesting the OP has "buyer's remorse" and that this is somehow a negative thing is really lame. I know if I were in their shoes I'd certainly be second guessing my decision to buy as well.

biggziff

I am surprised it took you so long. Was your power off or what? BTW, this is not helping matters here. This is a perfect scenario where a PM should have been used instead of a public statement. EH!

His response was certainly more helpful than yours. He offered another avenue of remedy without any malicious intent. What's wrong with that?

jbeletti

Could the Heartland employee who made the post, please identify themself. A post without identity is worthless.

Thank you.

Randy Blackwell

Randy,

The post made by Heartland Service was not made for your benefit - it was made for the benefit of others here questioning what is going on. You know what is going on so no public update for you was needed. Who made the post from Service is unimportant.

What is important is for you to continue working with your servicer and your Heartland customer service rep.

Jim Beletti

tmcran

Any time a product is for sale now a days there are always cutomers reviews. Here people say anything they want about a product. It could be good or bad. Yes the company themselves are not asking for reviews about there product is still getting reviews good or bad. Buys are using these more and more. It is for the customer to sift throught the reviews and determine if the product is good or bad. I feal that this should be allowed here. If someone is not going to buy a heartland because someone says "dont by a heartland" without backing up their statement then that is not a very educatied desition. I sifted though this formum many time before making my purchase and I dont regret it one bit. I love my trailer. I dont believe that people should feel that if they post a negative thing about heartland that it will get edited or removed. As long as heartland stands behind there product (unlike other companys these days) and fixes any problems that come along people will still buy great heartland products.

What companys are you referring to that do not stand behind their products???:confused:

tmcran

You keep talking about all these horrible "things" that have happened to your trailer. It might help us to understand if you would elaborate on them in a calm, clear, non-bashing manner...without detailed information, his original comment and your followup comments, could appear to some, to be that of someone with possible buyer's remorse who's taking it out on the manufacturer.:confused: Unfortunately, we've seen that several times in the past...

Perhaps you should reread the OP's post. It seems clear to me.

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My apologies, I re-read the original post...I apparently got this thread confused with another one I was following....

However, I still contend that bashing Heartland is not the way to get them involved in your repair issues...

talley

I want to clarify a couple things and communicate what Heartland is doing. First of all the service center has been communicated with by both our service manager and our service advisor prior to and after making contact with Mr. Blackwell. We are attempting to keep this service issue from becoming an open check book. The service center diagnosed and quoted the repairs originally and need to stand behind the work heartland paid them to do. .<O:p</O:p

There seems to be a third party involved in these issues... of course it is reasonable that Heartland (or any mfg) would guard against a service issue becoming an "open checkbook". Heartland AND the customer has to rely on the service center (repair service/technician) correctly/completely diagnosing and repairing the RV. I have had the experience of having a dealer being paid for a warranty repair... only to find that the repair was not correctly done (or had not been done) and had to take it back. In this case the responsibility was on the dealer/repair service, not Heartland who had already paid for the repair. If subsequent/related repairs are claimed... it would seem reasonable that close evaluation and justfication would be required to avoid the "open checkbook". One additional observation... "freedom of speech" is not without it's limitations. JMHO

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
There seems to be a third party involved in these issues... of course it is reasonable that Heartland (or any mfg) would guard against a service issue becoming an "open checkbook". Heartland AND the customer has to rely on the service center (repair service/technician) correctly/completely diagnosing and repairing the RV. I have had the experience of having a dealer being paid for a warranty repair... only to find that the repair was not correctly done (or had not been done) and had to take it back. In this case the responsibility was on the dealer/repair service, not Heartland who had already paid for the repair. If subsequent/related repairs are claimed... it would seem reasonable that close evaluation and justfication would be required to avoid the "open checkbook". One additional observation... "freedom of speech" is not without it's limitations. JMHO

Talley...I think you just might have hit the nail on the head...

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I agree that Jerry hit it squarely on the head. I too have had a selling dealer that did not fulfill their requirements after being paid by Heartland to do it. It took some time and a lot of work behind the scene but it is finally resolved.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just to add my 2 cents. Here is a novel idea. Maybe a spot check periodically of dealer warranty repairs to determine if the repairs have been done or are being done properly. I had a dealer bill a manufacturer for a repair that I did myself. The dealer only provided me with the part. When I found out I pointed the "mis-billing" out to the manufacturer and the dealer reimbursement was rescinded. Just goes to show you all dealers are not honest when it comes to the billing.

boatdoc

This kind of crud goes on in other fields also and a lot more than the common person knows. After my warranty has been up on anything I buy it NEVER goes back to a dealership. Young 20 year old's making 8 bucks an hour wondering what time it is are not going to lay a hand on anything I own. If more people would sit down and try and figure out their problem they would realize that THEY themselves could fix it.
I know for a fact many repairs get charged back to the factory and have never been done the right way or done at all. This is the very reason we all pay a lot for these rigs, to cover warranty and when some of these underhanded dealers do these things it does nothing but drive the price of our rigs up.
Soap box put away:D