Freedom of speech

BIG_ZD

What companys are you referring to that do not stand behind their products???:confused:

Any company out there that only gives you a few month warrenty on there product. They stand by there product until it breaks. They sell you this great product but if it breaks in a few months nothing of your own doing just shotty assembley they wont fix it. Or they will only cover certain parts. Some great product. Thats why I am so thankfull to have a dad that showed me how to use my hands and fix it yourself! Why spend all this money on warrenties and extended warrenties when you have to fight tooth and nail to get things fixed and only certain things are fixed. Save your money buy some tools get on the internet and learn how to do it yourself!

traveler44

Re-freedom of speech

I might not make friends here but I have to say that if we had had the kind of problems that Randy has had I would be very upset too. We have a 3370rl too and so far our problems have been minor. I am hoping that the units with the major problems are just a few misfits, which can happen when anything is mass produced. Personally I would think it would be to the best interest of all concerned for whoever is resposible, wether Lippert or Heartland or both to make things right for the consumer. I don't care what I buy if it doesn't perform to my expectations, then I expect to return it or have it repaired and even then I would be dissappointed for the inconvenience. If I try to take something back to a store and they give me a hard time about it I won't be in any hurry to shop there again. --Tom

RoadJunkie

RV manufactures seem have a problem providing rapid responses to some warranty services because of the vast geographical variations of their end-users (read customers). The practical distance from factory to service centers causes unique problems and requires trust between both parties to ensure a problem is corrected, hopefully the first time. Caught in-between is the anxious owner who only cares about getting the problem(s) resolved with the least amount of cost (time and money) to them. Each party has a perspective--a focus--related to their own interest. When these scenarios develop, it will take time and finesse, along with patience, before a conclusion is reached. Will everyone be satisfied? Not always, but that should be the goal of negotiations. I'm reasonably sure that two of the three parties involved in this particular issue have learned some lessons and, as the dust settles, a healthy conclusion will be reached. But...it will take time.

tmcran

Any company out there that only gives you a few month warrenty on there product. They stand by there product until it breaks. They sell you this great product but if it breaks in a few months nothing of your own doing just shotty assembley they wont fix it. Or they will only cover certain parts. Some great product. Thats why I am so thankfull to have a dad that showed me how to use my hands and fix it yourself! Why spend all this money on warrenties and extended warrenties when you have to fight tooth and nail to get things fixed and only certain things are fixed. Save your money buy some tools get on the internet and learn how to do it yourself!

Well ,you made the statement so what companies are you referring to? Or is this just a generalization you are making?

lwmcguir

A nice option would be for the manufacture to offer an extended warranty for the big ticket items such as the structure, frame, roof and so on. The after market warranties are just for the little items and you pay ahead so it really isn't anything at all as a major benefit. When you have a fiberglass separation or a frame issue it is a big deal and it would be nice to have some protection 2-3 or more years down the road.

tmcran

A nice option would be for the manufacture to offer an extended warranty for the big ticket items such as the structure, frame, roof and so on. The after market warranties are just for the little items and you pay ahead so it really isn't anything at all as a major benefit. When you have a fiberglass separation or a frame issue it is a big deal and it would be nice to have some protection 2-3 or more years down the road.

This why a number of states including Texas are looking at the RV industry to get a lemon law with teeth..

talley

That would be a nice option!!:) As a matter of business it probably would be a extra-cost option. But, it would be even nicer if (and I will use our mfg as an example) Heartland implemented a two-year warranty on all units as standard package to cover some of these 'big ticket" items. Yes... it would cost Heartland. However, there would be definite benefits to Heartland and such a move may even pay for its self. A strong statement about confidence in the quality of the product. Incentive for the customer to purchase - a real selling point. Incentive to Heartland and employees to really pay attention to quality issues in day-to-day assembly operations. A good marketing position for an industry leader!!!:D

From personal experience and from reading of warranty/out-of-warranty issues discussed on this forum, several observations are of interest. Many believe that a one-year warranty is too short for this type product. Especialy for the structure, roof and frame... all foundation elements which are basic to the integrity of the unit. In most cases the nature of usage does not provide sufficient opportunity to identify some of the existing/developing issues that would in all fairness and justifiability be covered by the warranty. In some cases the first-year usage is short trips and many issues are by their nature "hidden" and not easily identified. Some who have had warranty issues frequently complain that a good portion of the warranty period has been lost to the RV sitting in the service center. I am sure that a list of pros and cons would balance out in favor of an increased warranty period in which Heartland and the customer would realize benefits.

sunflower

Years ago when I had a Forest River product you could buy the second year for $100.00.I had a Cardinal which was pretty good,used the warranty for chairs,roof,slide and cracked fiber glass.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
AMEN! Couldn't say it any better Gary. The only thing I disagree with is not everyone has your mechanical and technical ability. As my father-in-law once said to me, why go to the butt when you can go to the head. If buyers stand up and don't give up, and show the mistakes were made before the end of warranty, they can get satisfaction, by pursuing until they win. I did, and it worked.

geeksrus

When I purchased my previous 5er, a Cardinal in 2003, for $100 I purchased a second year of warranty from the manufacturer. It was great to have this option for my comfort zone. Only had to use it once for a water leak with one of the slides. Not sure if Forest River still offers this.

It would be wise if all manufacturers offered something like this.

Eh!

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Good idea Geeksrus, anything that would put a smile on your face is worth considering, because you have the worst luck of anyone I know! LOL At least with Heartland. I do have to admire your tenacity.