Freeze Prevention

I have a hot and cold drain with a valve below the insulated body of my 5th wheel about 12" long. Do I need to protect them from freezing ? What would you recommend ? I am using it through winter, I will use heated supply line.

Lynn1130

Yes! At freezing temps the low point drains and fresh water tank drain will freeze and ice will wick back up the line to the tee above the fresh water tank line and prevent water from making it from the tank to the pump. In the case of the low point drains it will freeze back to the tee and prevent water from moving in the water lines. Ask me, I know from hunting in temps down to 10 above and having to unfreeze lines to get water going again.
Wrapping them with insulation will help prevent this and if it does freeze up apply some heat to open them up. I have used heat tape wrapped with insulation when I have 120V and this works fine also.

I have a 2014 Silverado Bighorn 35RES,ser.no. 5SFBG3822EE271497. What is best way to protect from Freezing, it may be best to shorten the drain lines and blow with air when needing to drain? I have also had the Remote Control stop working for the Elect. Fireplace Greystone 26 in. Mod.F2609E. I tried new Bat. and it is on when trying the remote. Is there a way to eliminate wether it is in the hand held or receiver in the unit ? I have written about a continuing water problem with the Fridge. Norcold mod.1210 ser. 17583080, I get water coming from the bottom of the door. I checked the drain and the seal with paper it feels good. I am concerned it may damage wood at the bottom of the Fridge.

danemayer

I have a 2014 Silverado Bighorn 35RES,ser.no. 5SFBG3822EE271497. What is best way to protect from Freezing, it may be best to shorten the drain lines and blow with air when needing to drain?
Have you looked at the responses to your original post?