Fresh water overfill or leak?

RiverManJ

I have a 2024 Torque T295. I filled the fresh water tank for the first time today. Every other trailer I’ve had would spit out the vent when it got full. I filled the tank very slowly and water started flowing out of the belly around the potable water drain valve. So I stopped filling and set a bucket under it so I could get an idea of the volume. It drained about 10 gallons in an hour. And now 4 hours later it is still dripping. The gauge still reads full. Is there an overflow on top of the tank so it doesn’t fill up the spout which is above the floor. Or is the tank leaking and the water level got below the leak? Thanks for any input.

rhodies1

There should be 2 overfill spouts that are on each side of the tank. They are suppposed to protrude out on each side of unit around the frame. Usually behind the wheels

RiverManJ

So I found one on the drivers side of the trailer. Just had to squeeze my hand by the skirting and was able to feel it. I couldn’t find one on the other side. There doesn’t seem to be water coming from anywhere else. How sure are you that there is 2? Thanks so much for the help!

rhodies1

Heartland as always in the past installed 2 . One inch side of the frame. Look at the same spot on the passenger side. Should be an overfill pipe there as well.

RiverManJ

I went back and triple checked and am just finding the one. I don’t feel any other moisture up there or see it escaping anywhere else. So I’m guessing this trailer just had the one. Thanks for your help.

Dahillbilly

Call Heartland customer service, have last six numbers of your VIN handy & ask them about the vent/overfill tubes on your rig. Worth a phone call.