fresh water tank drain

1231ChaseB

Hi All ! I'm wondering if any one knows just where the drain line is attached to the tank ! I don't know whether to raise the front of the fifth wheel up to get all the water out or lower the front of the fifth wheel to get it all out !
I have a 2010 Cyclone 3912 !
I'm just trying to make sure there is as little water in the tank as possible ! I just dumped a gallon of pink stuff in there thinking that when i see some of it come out I'll be good but so far nothing is coming out the drain !
Thanks
chaseb

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
For the reason you just pointed out, you should not put the pink stuff in the fresh water tank.
You will have a hard time getting it all out.
If there is some water left in the tank it will just freeze and not be a problem. There is plenty of room for expansion as long as you drain.
You will most likely have to fill and drain a few times to get the pink stuff out. Or leave the drain open and run water in the fill tube.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Or you can open the drain up and go for an afternoon ride, most of it will drain out. I run mine around my shop lot a couple of times.

PUG

Pug
My outlet on my 3950 was on the off door side. To drain it all out you would raise the door side up. Why put pink stuff in the water tank? Not needed. Just drain it and not worry. The ice expansion won 't be near enough to split the tank.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I keep my tank about half full, just in case the CG power goes out during a storm, so we can use the bathroom. But I opened the drain the day before we left and didn't close it until we got it home to the storage yard. Our site is grass/sand, so it was dry before we left. As mentioned, no need to put antifreeze in the fresh water tank unless you want a case of Montezuma's Revenge, if you don't get it all out.

1231ChaseB

I just assumed that there might be a line coming out of the tank and that's what i was concerned about freezing ! I just don't know what's up under the belly cover because i've never had it off for a look see !
chaseb

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There should be a drain hose with a brass angle cock on it hanging out the bottom of your coach. Mine was just in front on the wheels on the off door side.. BUT, it was tucked up inside the coroplast.......sooo it took me awhile to find it. Look for a small hole cut in the coroplast with nothing hanging out.