Fresh Water tank Fills and overflows

mdedgett

When I am connected to city water my fresh water tank fills and overflows. The last time I was dry camping I noticed that the water pump would run occasionally, about every 20 minutes, but no leaks could be found. Does this mean the pump back flow prevention does not work? How can this be fixed, can a component on the pump be replaced to fix this?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When I am connected to city water my fresh water tank fills and overflows. The last time I was dry camping I noticed that the water pump would run occasionally, about every 20 minutes, but no leaks could be found. Does this mean the pump back flow prevention does not work? How can this be fixed, can a component on the pump be replaced to fix this?
You've hit the nail right on the head. Follow Michael's advice and call shurflo.

bdb2047

I had same problem last year.It was caused by a small piece of wood in diaphram in pump.I removed wood and have not had a problem since Surflo sent a new diaphram but have not installed it.Till you get to it turn valve for winterizing to winterize and put hose for antifreeze outside of UDC