fresh water tank keeps filling

Capt7383

we have a 2014 big country 3070re. We have had it at a campground all summer and we have noticed that although hooked up to city water and the selector switch in the city water position the fresh water tank keeps filling up. I have tried rotating the valve through the different positions but it keeps filling, albeit very slowly. I can see water coming from the overflow hose and its just a trickle. The unit is under warranty and will be service in the fall. Do I point to a defective valve or could it be something else. When I shut off the city water and drain some water from the tank the overflow stops leaking
Thanks in Advance.

For what its worth, when I do shut off the city water and run the pump it works just fine. The pump only comes on when there is a demand

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like your valve is faulty and letting water bypass into the fresh tank.
I would leave the fresh water drain valve open all the time and replace the four way valve.

Peace
Dave

MikeR

If you look at your water pump there is a check valve that prevents water from flowing into your water tank when you are using city water. I would say that your check valve is malfunctioning. The Water Systems Guide on page 10 explains this.

danemayer

It could be a problem with the 4 way valve, but I would guess it's way more likely to be the pump. If it's a ShurFlo pump, you can call them directly while in warranty and describe the problem. They will probably ship you a new pump in return for you sending them the label off your current pump. Installation of the pump is very simple. While you're back there, you can also add the inline check valve as insurance.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
So, I had the same problem in June, the "brain Trust herein" recommended a test, open the winterizing valve where you suck in the antifreeze, if the water comes out then it is thew check valve in the pump, I did that and replaced the pump ( up to that point I had flooded my storage twice) after replacing the pump no more problems, thank you again to the Brain trust.

TedS

Follow chainsaw's lead and do that test to eliminate or confirm a pump problem. A check valve in the pump outlet will just mask a pump problem. If the pump valves are not working properly you will not get full delivery from the pump. The integral check valves make the pump work properly.