fresh water tank wont fill up to 57 gallons

I cant seem to get my fresh water tank to hold 57 gallons. i dont know how much its holding, but i'm thinking 1/3 or something less than half. cant even take a shower, because after cooking and doing dishes and a few toilet flushes, its out of water!

When i put a hose in it, it fills up fast, like under 5 minutes (maybe 3 -4mins?) and then overflows. I searched and found a lot of people had problems with other heartland models, and they solved it by blowing into the air vent, or clearing the air vent.

First of all... i dont even know where the water tank is located in the elk ridge... and if i do find it..where is the air vent?

help anyone... thanks!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Wacko, sounds like the vent line is lower than the tank. Blowing out the vent line wont help if the line is too low. It will just keep filling with water. It does happen, mine was that way and I fixed it. Yours is new, take it to your dealer and have them fix it. Bob

shaffjc

This is a common problem that has cropped up frequently. I keep a 2 foot piece of of 5/8" vinyl tubing handy and put over the vent tube and blow the vent line clear.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Sounds normal.....you can mess around with all the so called fixes or just take your time to fill it slowly (30-45minutes).

jnbhobe

Do as Bob says take it to your dealer and tell him your vent line is too low. Or if you don't mind a little work, pull the wall in the basement and the bottom down and fasten it up to the bottom of the floor. This way you can check for leaks and just tighten up everything. I did mine when it was new and haven't had a problem since, Ican fill it wide open JON

ok, i'll add that to my long list of "needs fixing" when i visit the dealer next month. what i did now was cut off the screw of my garden hose, and push it all the way down into the tank hole, it went about 4 feet or so ... it overflowed after 2-3 mins of filling, but i wiggled it around and jammed it in some more, then it was able to fill for about 5 more minutes without overflowing. i then got my big rubbermaid tub and filled it with water, and put it in the underbelly. from there, i created a "siphon hose" and it slow-drips into the fresh water tank until completely full. HEHEHE! im doing this cuz in this winter RV park i'm at, they dont have a water hookup and i have to keep driving out to their main office to get water. gets difficult since its a back-in site.

TinCup

ok, first timer here...and i must say im glad im not the only one having this problem...i filled my 3200es up a week ago and everything was fine...today i only got it about 1/3 full..after looking around on the net, i've notice talks about the clogged vent line...but where is it!!??most other models i've seen have the vent line right beside the drain, but mine only has one hose...pls help me out..thks