front landing gear goes down, Living room slide opens

When I work the landing gear in my 09 Augusta, up or down, the Living room slide opens. Where Do I begin to look? Any ideas. Bought the unit used 2 years ago, it has done it from the beginning.

Garypowell

If from the beginning then you probably have a valve (that allows fluid to go the the room) that is partially stuck open. Either a defect or a piece of crud. Lasting this long it is probably the valve itself.

Not sure of your model but you can isolate each leg of the fluid lines. These valves will be located close to the pump/manifold and will NOT have any electrical connections to them. In my rig HL labeled them. Close the one to the affected room and see if you still have the problem.

I am fairly handy but I am not sure I would handle switching out one of the electric valves or flushing the system.

My point with the test is at least you'll know better what your up against so someone can't talk you into a new pump, etc.

TedS

There are valves on or near the hydraulic pump. There should also be a switch nearby. Close all valves except the one for the moving slide. The switch is for local outside operation of the slides. Operate the switch to extend and retract the one slide a few times to perhaps clear debris from the valve.
Operate the landing legs to see if the room still moves out. If the room moves, you may need a new valve.
Return the other valves to normal position.

There are valves on or near the hydraulic pump. There should also be a switch nearby. Close all valves except the one for the moving slide. The switch is for local outside operation of the slides. Operate the switch to extend and retract the one slide a few times to perhaps clear debris from the valve.
Operate the landing legs to see if the room still moves out. If the room moves, you may need a new valve.
Return the other valves to normal position.
thank you, will check it out

- - - Updated - - -

If from the beginning then you probably have a valve (that allows fluid to go the the room) that is partially stuck open. Either a defect or a piece of crud. Lasting this long it is probably the valve itself.

Not sure of your model but you can isolate each leg of the fluid lines. These valves will be located close to the pump/manifold and will NOT have any electrical connections to them. In my rig HL labeled them. Close the one to the affected room and see if you still have the problem.

I am fairly handy but I am not sure I would handle switching out one of the electric valves or flushing the system.

My point with the test is at least you'll know better what your up against so someone can't talk you into a new pump, etc.
thank you , all you guys are a wealth of information...