Front landing gear question.

Capt7383

We have a Big Country 3070 re. We have it parked at a seasonal campground all summer. We have the six point level up installed. What would happen if some little miscreant lowered our front landing gear while we are away? The switch for it is right out in plain view on the front of the unit. We leave the camper plugged into park power all year so there would always be power to the switch. Is there any way to prevent this?

danemayer

Hi Capt7383,

You could turn off the battery cutoff switch. That should cut power to the hydraulic pump. It would also prevent the Power Converter from maintaining the charge on the battery. But there shouldn't be any parasitic drain on the battery, so you should be ok for at least a few weeks if not longer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Why not install a separate cut-off switch for the pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMCaddic

This is what I put on the front of ours because we had the same concern with our switch. It is a locking hatch you can get at an RV store.
I just mounted it on the surface with stainless screws painted it black to match.

Attachments

• 11060061.jpg
    11060061.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 66

Capt7383

Thanks all for the replies. I think I will disconnect the trombetta terminal for the season. When we start to travel the idea about the locking cover looks good. Thanks again

Bones

Has anyone really had some one just lower their landing gear? But I did have that thought about the switch when I was out camping. I have not idea as to why that random thought crossed my mind.

kowAlski631

Has anyone really had some one just lower their landing gear? But I did have that thought about the switch when I was out camping. I have not idea as to why that random thought crossed my mind.
Not us. Been in many campgrounds (short and long term) as well as storage facilities and never a problem (yet).