Full Under-Belly

When I pulled out of my driveway after filling my freshwater tanks I saw waves of water gushing out from underneath my Cyclone 2812 and into the street. When I stopped I could hear the water sloshing around underneath the trailer. I poked a hole in the front and rear of the underbelly material that was bulging from the weight and let it drain; I figure about 20 gallons drained out in all.

The trailer still under warranty, but I can't have it down for a week so here goes...

I checked the fill tube area and it was fine, so I started unscrewing the underbelly material in the front of the trailer...3-inch screws YIKES! I followed the fill tube to the area over the axles and then began removing screws in the back; if you haven't seen underneath the trailer here it is. It looks pretty much like most trailers (minus the stiff plastic material you have to contend with just to get a look at the underneath). The freshwater fill is fed through a clear/white tube that looks similar to vacuum cleaner hose that has hose clamps on each end, this tubing also connects the (2)-50 gallon freshwater tanks together (also with hose clamps). I found all clamps needed tightening(hope that was it)...

Attachments

• IMG00440-20101217-1445.jpg
    IMG00440-20101217-1445.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 193

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a thought here, if you continue to have the same problem take the Coroplast material down like you just did and watch for where the leak might be coming from while you are filling it.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
From looking at your photo it looks like there is no cross brace in the middle of the board. When filling the tank the board will flex and can fall off the end cross brace without the center cross brace. (Been there done that). As you can see in the photo the end of the board is already flexing.

Bad angle of the photo, there is a cross brace in the middle. I would have thought that it would be better to have the water tanks mounted a little more securely; just my 2 cents...

I had the tanks about 75% full and ran the water after tightening all of the hose clamps and everything looked dry. After seeing the routing of the fill tube I see why I have to fill the tanks slowly to keep the water spitting back out at me.