Functional Water Filter System

crmfghtr

Hi Everybody,
been busy working on this water filter system. In my original post I used a single filter which did not produce enough water pressure inside the KL to shower or even wash dishes. So I opted to scrap that entire system and bought a dual Jumbo filter system from the RV water parts store. I ended up mounting the system in the front of the KL along side of the Generator Prep box. I cut a 22"x28"x3/4" plywood board, installed 1/4" carriage bolts. sprayed it with marine varnish, then covered it in Black trunk linning. I then drilled into the Gen Prep box on the right side as you are looking at it, and bolted it in place. I then mounted the water filters and ran the water hoses wrapped in foam pipe wrap between the frame of the KL and the outside wall. I connected those hoses to a bulk head I fashioned out of 1/4" aluminum, bolted to the support bracket from the frame. The hose from the filter then can be connected to the water regulator mounted in the UDC by un-screwing the UDC bottom cover. When in transit the water hose lays between the Black Hose carrier and the frame with a cap on it. Works perfect, I have 60 PSI in to the regulator from the filters and when the water is running inside the KL it drops to 40 PSI with 3.4 Gal per min.
I wrapped all the hoses in foam pipe wrap to help prevent freezing. When I get to the campground, I just hook up the heated water hose to the outside connection on the bulkhead.

img1001.JPG
img1002.JPGimg1003.JPGimg1004.JPGimg1005.JPG

Happy Camping,

donr827

Nice job Robert. I buy all of my water filter needs from RV Water Filter Store also. The owner knows his business.
Don

crmfghtr

Nice job Robert. I buy all of my water filter needs from RV Water Filter Store also. The owner knows his business.
Don

Yes, he was very helpful and explained water pressure vs. water flow. The system I choose is probably overkill but, I wanted the bride to have a decent shower.

Eddhuy

Looks like a great system, I love the installation. I am going to add water filters to my Prowler and it looks the RV water filter store is a good source. Thank you for the great info and pictures!