Fuse size

orion7144

Try this test.

1 Disconnect shore power.

2 Get a volt meter.

3 Turn on your inverter.

4 Test each leg on the shore power cord. Be careful as they might be hot if you are in fact back feeding the RV distribution panel.

If the prongs on the power cord are hot while the inverter charger is on you have a very dangerous set up.

Also if you're running the AC unit off the inverter/ batteries you're probably boiling the batteries. Another scary application.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am almost positive is cant back feed since the Progressive industries contactor is off when no shore power is detected and I do not have any power on L2 when on inverter power. When the AIMS senses no input AC it will supply AC to L1. The load created from the air conditioner shuts the inverter down so I am not worried about the batteries. They are also protected via the 300A fuse. Battery-300A fuse-cut off switch-inverter. I also have a catastrophic fuse on the positive side of the battery bank.

orion7144

I went out and checked for back feeding just the completely rule that out. Nothing on the shore power cord. Another wrench in this is the sequence it starts up. It takes ~15 seconds once shore power plugged in for the progressive industries to send power to the coach (once it checks everything and then turns on the contactor). Then it takes and ~15 seconds for the inverter to switch from inverter mode to charge/bypass mode. So with my vast amount of patience , turning on the air too soon will run on batteries till either the inverter switches to bypass or is overloads and shuts down.

SNOKING

Water heater is on L2. I did measure the neutral with all power off to the inverter and it does NOT pass it so that is probably my issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I put the 300a before the inverter to protect the inverter. It has a 9KW surge but I figure if I mess up and turn too much on like I did it will kill the fuse before the inverter. Are you suggesting I put a bigger fuse in?

Is the fuse a slow blow type, to handle a surge.?