Gatlingburg Tenn

jhardin

Looking for suggestions on a nice campground in Gatlingburg Tn. area. I am kinda looking at "Riverside Rv Park and Resort". Would very much appreciate any recommendations and or comments. The reservations will be in May.

Thanks in advance!

FiremanBill

Riverside is nice. My dad stays there quite a bit for weekend getaways. How nice are you looking for? Anchor Down on Douglas lake is probably the nicest one around for sure.

weekender01

Another highly recommended campground is River Plantation which is on the edge of Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. Great campground in my opinon. Also agree that Anchor Down is probably the nicest in the area!

FiremanBill

Another highly recommended campground is River Plantation which is on the edge of Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. Great campground in my opinon. Also agree that Anchor Down is probably the nicest in the area!

Location is key for River Plantation. Great spot right on the parkway.

That is also the site for the upcoming regional rally in April

Sniper

Looking for suggestions on a nice campground in Gatlingburg Tn. area. I am kinda looking at "Riverside Rv Park and Resort". Would very much appreciate any recommendations and or comments. The reservations will be in May.

Thanks in advance!
Hands down (in our opinion of course) best in the area is Up The Creek RV Camp in The Smokies. You won't be disappointed. http://www.upthecreekrvcamp.com/

Safe travels :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We don't stay at Riverside RV park because they are on well water which took us forever to clean our water lines afterward and we had a water filtration system on. River Plantation is a good location. If you want to be closer to Dollywood, Bear Cove Village is a good spot. In Gatlinburg on Hwy 321 is Twin Creek RV Resort but it can be tight with a large rig. On Wears Valley Rd (Hwy 321) in Pigeon Forge is way too many cg's to talk about. Hope this helps.

JanAndBill

Location is key for River Plantation. Great spot right on the parkway.

That is also the site for the upcoming regional rally in April

Being on the parkway is not always an advantage. We've stayed here a few times and frankly they're way overrated. Gravel sites (some of which need work), wifi is a joke. The sites are a little tight, but Bear Cove is really nice. It's on Veterans Pky, close to old mill. You can avoid all the parkway traffic and still be close to everything. You can even get to Gatlinburg via Arts and Crafts trail without dealing with parkway traffic

FiremanBill

Being on the parkway is not always an advantage. We've stayed here a few times and frankly they're way overrated. Gravel sites (some of which need work), wifi is a joke. The sites are a little tight, but Bear Cove is really nice. It's on Veterans Pky, close to old mill. You can avoid all the parkway traffic and still be close to everything. You can even get to Gatlinburg via Arts and Crafts trail without dealing with parkway traffic

True, and that's why my favorite spots are IN the park, not near it. Too bad though that most of our rigs are too big for the park campgrounds. My signature pic is on the host site at the Elkmont Campground in the park

Kbvols

We like Riversedge. It is at the last stoplight in Pigeon Forge before the drive to Gatlinburg and is also close to activities/restaurants in Pigeon Forge. The park is nice probably not as nice as Bear Cove or some of the others but for us the convenience to what we like to do and with minimal traffic impact due to central location and side roads. The trolley also stops at park if you don't want to drive. Regardless where you stay the area is great with a great variety of activities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JanAndBill

True, and that's why my favorite spots are IN the park, not near it. Too bad though that most of our rigs are too big for the park campgrounds. My signature pic is on the host site at the Elkmont Campground in the park

Guess I need to start reading the signature blocks closer. Mr. Park Ranger, I think you need to STRONGLY suggest to the powers that be, to make some upgrades to accommodate our rigs. Cades Cove would be a good place to start. LOL

jbeletti

Another vote for Bear Cove. We love being off the Parkway but less than 5 minutes from it. We also have learned the back ways to many things of interest.

FiremanBill

Guess I need to start reading the signature blocks closer. Mr. Park Ranger, I think you need to STRONGLY suggest to the powers that be, to make some upgrades to accommodate our rigs. Cades Cove would be a good place to start. LOL

Couldn't agree more! I'd be the first one there. I really don't know why they don't do that, it sure would be nice. And trust me when I say I have asked!