Generator Prep Install Questions

RiverManJ

I’ve got a 2024 Torque T295 with the generator prep package. I’m weighing my options as far as installing one or just using a generator I’ve got. It appears that all the controls and fuel lines are there but there’s no 120V there to hook to the generator. Do I just have to run the regular shore power cord to the generator? Is the fuel pump already installed or would I need to purchase the Onan fuel pump kit? Has anyone added the separate fuel tank for the generator? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dahillbilly

look for a 4" square electrical box w/ cover near the generator compartment. should have the wires going out to the transfer switch.

Torque Man

Mine is under the bed. Remove plywood under mattress on top of bed platform, (over top of generator compartment). 4" electrical box screwed to floor on right side of bed.

RiverManJ

Sounds easy enough. I’ll check when I get a chance. Do they have a transfer switch installed with the generator prep package?

Torque Man

If the wire & box is under the bed, then the transfer switch is installed. The TS is mounted to the back of your circuit breaker panel.

Hollandt

I’ve got a 2024 Torque T295 with the generator prep package. I’m weighing my options as far as installing one or just using a generator I’ve got. It appears that all the controls and fuel lines are there but there’s no 120V there to hook to the generator. Do I just have to run the regular shore power cord to the generator? Is the fuel pump already installed or would I need to purchase the Onan fuel pump kit? Has anyone added the separate fuel tank for the generator? Thanks for any help you can offer.
The 4 x 4 box in my unit is installed on the opposite wall for the generator box inside the storage unit on the opposite side of the trailer.

RiverManJ

So I confirmed the junction box and the auto transfer switch are installed. Do you know if the fuel pump is installed? Any info on adding the dedicated generator fuel tank? Thanks.

Torque Man

If you have the fuel station and you can see the fuel tank hanging down in front of the spare tire, you are good to go. The gen. gets its fuel from the same tank. You should also see two rubber fuel lines running from the gen compartment, running along the main frame I-beam to the rear fuel tank.

Hollandt

So I confirmed the junction box and the auto transfer switch are installed. Do you know if the fuel pump is installed? Any info on adding the dedicated generator fuel tank? Thanks.
The fuel pump is on the generator in my unit. There are two lines a suction and return line.

RiverManJ

Copy that. They did offer a separate 18 gallon tank just for the generator so you could just use the 30 for toys. Anybody tried adding that after the fact?