Inverter instead of generator?

Racer X

We have a 2022 Torque T331 which has the factory generator prep. We don't plan to ever put a generator in there
so I had the idea of using that space for some lipo batteries and inverter instead.

I have two SOK 206ah Lipo batteries and a 3000W inverter. It is fairly simple to wire into the generator wiring and
power the whole RV from the inverter. I tested that and it worked fine. The transfer switch sensed AC power and
switched over as expected. Very nice and no generator noise under the bed!

The part where I am giving myself headaches is how to permanently wire something like this in... I was going
to change the converter to a Lipo aware converter as I would like the batteries to charge when on shore power but
but the problem then is it should NOT try to charge from the converter when on the inverter. I would like to avoid
a separate charger/converter for the lipo batteries (although I have a feeling that may be the only way) and also avoid
a bunch of manual battery switches to throw on/off when switching back and forth.

The conflict between the batteries, inverter and the converter are the big obstacle I see here.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to best accomplish this? I looked around on the site here and didn't really see
anything along these lines...

The generator bay is the most logical place to put this without changing or adding a lot of wiring so I am hoping
there is a solution that isn't overly complicated.

cipwood

I did what you are wanting to do. On my north trail TT there is a single wire in the breaker box from the shore power side that powers the charger. I spliced a switch into that wire to turn off the power to the charger. Problem solved and it works fine. You just have to remember to turn flip the switch for the mode you want.

LBR

Our converter is on it's own dedicated breaker that we manually switch off when wanting our 3K inverter, then we switch back to on when using shore or either generator.

You can also wire up to automatically do the same using an extension cord and switch that energizes the transfer switch to kick it "off of Shore Power onto Inverter".