GFI Problems in Bathroom

I have a 2016 Heartland ElkRidge ExpressE292 Our GFI in the bathroom keeps going out, it's tied into our Refrigerator and our TV in the living room area. It won't reset. It has power going to the outlet however the GFI will not re-set. We've replaced the outlet once already, and we haven't used the RV in over a year. I can't understand why something is burning up the GFI outlet. Any thoughts?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A couple things come to mind here.
I don't understand why your TV is GFI protected. But if your refrigerator and TV are in a slide there may be a problem under the slide. Under your slide there is a metal junction box. With your coach disconnected from shore power remove the cover from that junction box and inspect all the connections. It's not uncommon to find loose burned wires there.
Any receptacles in your basement or outside your coach are on that GFI protected. Check those as well.

Peace
Dave

Dahillbilly

like cookie stated above, not sure why those would be connected to a GFCI; I would check those outlets for loose connections shut off all power before checking the wiring

jerryjay11

If you are using a residential refrigerator the defrost heater can cause the same issue. Doesn't mean anything wrong with heater. It's just that a defrost heater is nothing more than a short to ground. Try unplugging refrigerator and resetting the ground fault.