Gouging on underside of main couch slide out.

The underside of our new 4250 Cyclone is having some gouges in it. This slide has only been used about 10 times or so. Is this common or is more likely something wrong.

Is this something I can look at or is it a Heartland issue.

Attachments

• 20160706_111557.jpg
    20160706_111557.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 45

Bones

If this is the slide the runs up on a teflon type ramp then something may have gotten caught in-between the contact point. Pull the seal back and look for debris and clear it out.

Lynn1130

Which slide is it? If it is the kitchen/living room slide and you have a table that fits into the floor in front of the couch check the screws that go into the mounts on the floor in front of the couch. I am not sure about your model but in the 3010 those screws work out and scratch on the slide as it goes in and out.

sengli

Not normal. With that slide out, lift the lip of the carpet cover in side and see what is there in that area that is sticking up..thats scratching up the bottom of the plywood. I routinely vacumm out that space when we clean our rig while in use. Alot of road debris sometimes ends up in that space, as it is right above the tires when the slide is stowed in for travel.

Lynn1130

I looked up the floor plan for your unit and it appears that there are 4 receivers (holes) in front of the sofa. I assume that those are for the posts that hold the table that goes in front of the sofa. Check to be sure that the screws that hold those hole covers down are fully screwed in and that those receivers are fully recessed. If not they will gouge the under side of the slide as it rolls in or out. Voice of experience.

Thanks!

Well yep, it's the table screws. The heads are polished a bit! No how to keep them down, and repair the underside of the slide.

Wood glue, and some under body coating?

Lynn1130

Best thing I have found to hold screws in place is some silicone adhesive shot down into the hole then put the screw back in. At the recommendation of the RV repair shop, I used a flat black spray paint for the under side of the slide. About anything that will water proof the underside is good but keep in mind that if you can rub it off from the slide it will rub off on your carpet when the slide goes in/out.