Gray water leak

dykesj11

Pretty sure I have a gray water tank leak. If the gate vales are closed, I get a drip down through the bottom liner by the drain pipe. If I leave the valves open, no drip. I opened the space behind the cargo bay and can't find any sign of water there. So guess I have to open the bottom liner. I'll take any advice offered starting with process to remove the bottom liner.

Gary521

In my former Bighorn, The PVC line from the Kitchen sink tank to the outside fitting cracked. The crack was from freezing expansion. The front tank drained very, very slowly and I thought I got all the water but did not when I drained the tank at the end of the season. Something to check when you drop the plastic.

aatauses

Not sure if you mean the shower tank or the kitchen tank? If shower, I had a leak a few years ago and found it from the basement looking under the black tank. It was chaffed where it rest on the support. I eventually replaced the tank.
al

1tandem

I am having a similar problem with my unit. Seems when my shower tank is near full there is a leak at junction of tank and drain pipe. We're not having much luck correcting the problem. If you had same issue how did you fix it?

Bookoo

Hello everyone,
Just repaired mine today. Same symptoms as described. After dropping the chloroplast, I discovered that the shower tank had pulled away from the gate valve connection. The tank has ribs on each side that ride on angle iron that runs from one side of the beam to the other. On the back side of the tank there Is nothing from stopping it slide across the rails.
I cleaned the connection area, applied new plumbers goop, slid the tank back into place, and tightened the hose clamp. Filed the tank and no more leaking. Left everything open for 2 days draining and refilling. Satisfied, I then then screwed 2 2x4 blocks into the each angle iron at the back of the tank to prevent it from sliding. Cleaned all the factory garbage left behind, cleaned the insulation foil and chloroplast with bleach and buttoned it up.

Our rig is only 6 months old and still under warranty. We are traveling south and hundreds of miles from dealerships. Mobile techs are booked taking care of other snowbirds. Just dove in and made it work.

Noticed the black water tank above it has the same set up. Put C clamps on those rails. Don't want that to happen again.

Still think I have the best rig ever.