Greetings

jiminny

Hello,
I am new to the forum and have already learned a lot from the informative posts by the many friendly and experienced members. My wife and I tent camped a great deal in our early days and now that our daughters are older and able to withstand long road trips, we would like to show them the many wonderful places in this great and beautiful country.

I have been shopping at the dealers and shows for a long time and researching quite a bit on the Internet for the right TT. I would like to find a bunkhouse w/a full bed on bottom, couch or dinette slide, good storage and queen in a small, light weight foorplan not over 26 ft. Asking too much? I hope not.

I have looked at the North Trail 22FDS and loved it the first time I sat in it. Unfortunately, tongue weight and length are a little more than I feel comfortable with for my TV's 119" wheelbase and 6700# GVWR. It doesn't have a queen, either. If they made that floorplan with a front queen, even at almost 27 ft., I would buy it in a heartbeat and buy a Hensley, ProPride or take whatever other measure to make it tow safely. I know someone in my area tows a NT 28BHS (31ft?) with the same TV, but I wouldn't chance it. I make no judgement however, just a personal choice.

I have also looked at the FX line and the Edge line but haven't quite found what I'm looking for yet.

Well, there goes my introduction. Thanks for listening (reading) and happy travels to all!

Jim,
in NY

MONEY

Welcome.. I love this site. People helping people with simple to complicated questions. So many teachers on here with great experience. My wife and I just got our first fifth wheel and love it. We are not full timers like most on here but we would love to be. Most of our camping will be done close. My question to every one out there is simple.....HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU START A POST....I've been looking on here for over a week and must be looking to hard, I can't find something anywhere...HELP.....Didn't want to ask because now I feel stupid.....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Welcome.. I love this site. People helping people with simple to complicated questions. So many teachers on here with great experience. My wife and I just got our first fifth wheel and love it. We are not full timers like most on here but we would love to be. Most of our camping will be done close. My question to every one out there is simple.....HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU START A POST....I've been looking on here for over a week and must be looking to hard, I can't find something anywhere...HELP.....Didn't want to ask because now I feel stupid.....

Go to the header (left column) of the area of interest, like this one "Prospective Owner Questions," click on it. At the top of the list when the screen changes is a button "New Thread." Click that and post away.

Welcome to both of you.