Having Slide Out Makes TT Unlevel

I have a brand new Heartland Prowler 303BH that I set up for the first time today. I had it leveled side to side and front to back. I lowered the stabilization jacks then hooked up to power. I fully extended the slide, then noticed it made the TT very unlevel from side to side. The bubble was bottomed out towards the side opposite of the slide. Is there anything else I can do for this, or do I have to put blocks/planks under the tires on the slide out side? Everything else appeared fine both inside and out, just very not level.

I have a brand new Heartland Prowler 303BH that I set up for the first time today. I had it leveled side to side and front to back. I lowered the stabilization jacks then hooked up to power. I fully extended the slide, then noticed it made the TT very unlevel from side to side. The bubble was bottomed out towards the side opposite of the slide. Is there anything else I can do for this, or do I have to put blocks/planks under the tires on the slide out side? Everything else appeared fine both inside and out, just very not level.
Also to clarify the trailer is on a solid concrete pad, not soft ground.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When you cantilever that slide you will see your level change. The best advice I could give would be to determine how far from level you are with the slide out then every time you set up add that amount under your tires.
If you are 3 inches off on a level surface always add 3 inches under the tires on the slide side when setting up.
You might add one of those little stick on plastic bubble levels. Level you rig with the slide out then retract the slide and stick it on to show level when you are actually high on the slide side. That will take in to account the added amount needed when setting up on an unlevel surface.
Hope that makes sense.

Peace
Dave

When you cantilever that slide you will see your level change. The best advice I could give would be to determine how far from level you are with the slide out then every time you set up add that amount under your tires.
If you are 3 inches off on a level surface always add 3 inches under the tires on the slide side when setting up.
You might add one of those little stick on plastic bubble levels. Level you rig with the slide out then retract the slide and stick it on to show level when you are actually high on the slide side. That will take in to account the added amount needed when setting up on an unlevel surface.
Hope that makes sense.

Peace
Dave
Thank you!

thewanderingeight

We faced the same issue on our previous Travel Trailer. One side had 2 slides, including a very long one for the living room area, and the other side only has 1 slide. As cookie stated, you just need to learn how much of a change there is going to be when the slides come out. For ours, we knew that while putting the leveling blocks under the wheels, the bubble should be touching one side of the level, and once the slides came out, it would just about even itself out. I am sure every rig is different.

jerryjay11

I use a graduated level that is in inches. It tells me how many inches I am off level on a spot, side to side. All I have to do is place enough lift to the low side to level the camper. If I am parking on a level site, I know already I need to add 2" to the left side and if I park on an unlevel sites I can determine how many inches I am off and add that to the original 2". Just be sure to be on a level surface when installing these levels.
8010085019.1.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When we had our 5th wheel, I would set it level with the slides in, then check again with slides out. With the four electric jacks I had installed, I could run them from inside the trailer via a remote and adjust them to level it out. Our rig had 3 slides on one side and a single large slide on the opposite side, so it would lean a bit towards the 3-slide side. With a little tweaking, it returned to level. If nothing else, you want to have the refrigerator (if you have a gas absorption model) as level as possible to run properly.