Having trouble with Southco Keyless Entry system

been about almost year and now the new improved cat 4 rated keypad is malfunctioning everytime it rains battery go's dead.again

Willym

been about almost year and now the new improved cat 4 rated keypad is malfunctioning everytime it rains battery go's dead.again
My keypad fails after heavy rain. Water was getting inside. I have now sealed the top joint with some clear tape, wrapping it down around the sides. So far so good. This thing almost needs a shroud to protect it.

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
Has anyone with 2012 receive the new Key FOB inplace of the keypad. I see in the new manuals it shows how to program them. I called Southco yesterday and they do not sell them to the public. They told me to contact Lippert. I will next week but just wondering if anyone has them yet.

We bought a 2011 3455rl, and it has one. I was beginning to think maybe they forgot the key pad on ours. But after reading all the problems i'm glad they did. Bye the way it works great.

lorax

My new Southco Keyless pad is entirely different from the original keyless pad. It works well. I'm uncertain of the make of the original keyless pad.
Ted

lorax

Sorry to say that the trailer is in storage for this month. I'll pick it up in January and post a picture at that time.

lorax

Having trouble with Southco Keyless Entry

I must say that Heartland got the part to my dealer to replace thebroken key pad on my Prowler. So far so good.Ted

Last edited by a moderator: