Heartland Power Panels

Larry S

I have a 2022 Heartland Fuel 357 just purchased used. There is a second breaker box above the main breaker box with two 20amp breakers. Can not find anything in the manuals that came with it and the selling dealer doesn't know.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• trailer 3.jpg
    trailer 3.jpg
    986.6 KB · Views: 43

Dahillbilly

nice job of installing it if not factory, time to trace/follow the wiring & see what the wire are hooked to. Should be able to remove the rear wall of baseement compartment & follow them.Good luck

david-steph2018

Larry as stated, that is not factory. But what I am wondering is, did the previous install what is known as Cheap Heat. I was looking and 50-amps requires 2 circuits at 15.6-amps each. So, I would check to see if there is anything added to the furnace.
So, this is just a total guess about where to start looking.

SLO

I agree. If it’s not factory, that’s a really good install. Even the edge of the frame has wood grain on it (assuming that’s not solid wood). The panel below looks like my DC fuse panel. Those breakers are 15 amp not 20 amp and they’re not tied together so I don’t think 240v like Cheap Heat would need. Good mystery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Et1958

Looking at other interior pics online of similar rigs, it looks like where a solar controller? may have been and was replaced with the breaker panel. That might be why it looks so neatly installed. ???

Larry S

Thanks for all the responses. If I ever get my trailer back I'll start looking and update what I find. Trailer has been at Bretz RV Meridian, Id since April 11th just to get a slideout adjusted. Extremely poor service. Nothing but excuses.

Larry S

Thanks for all the responses. If I ever get my trailer back I'll start looking and update what I find. Trailer has been at Bretz RV Meridian, Id since April 11th just to get a slideout adjusted. Extremely poor service. Nothing but excuses.
Ment Bish RV not Bretz.

Larry S

Traced the wires from this panel to a junction box in the basement then back to the main service panel. Appears to be factory installed for a solar power inverter,