Heartland RV Park

TXTiger

I am volunteering at Custer State Park for the summer. There are many very good camp sites within the park and west of the park in Custer City, Hill City etc. Heartland RV Park is a park that is east of the park at the intersection of Hwy 79 south from Rapid City and Hwy 36 the east entrance to the park. I did not stay there but did stop to fill my propane tanks. The park staff was very friendly and the campgrounds were very clean. The sites were wide with grass between each site. If you are looking for a spot to stay and visit the Black Hills area, Custer, Mt. Rushmore etc. you may want to check out Heartland RV Park. There is a Pilot/Flying J and a Conoco station at the intersection nearby.

DocFather

I am volunteering at Custer State Park for the summer. There are many very good camp sites within the park and west of the park in Custer City, Hill City etc. Heartland RV Park is a park that is east of the park at the intersection of Hwy 79 south from Rapid City and Hwy 36 the east entrance to the park. I did not stay there but did stop to fill my propane tanks. The park staff was very friendly and the campgrounds were very clean. The sites were wide with grass between each site. If you are looking for a spot to stay and visit the Black Hills area, Custer, Mt. Rushmore etc. you may want to check out Heartland RV Park. There is a Pilot/Flying J and a Conoco station at the intersection nearby.

I have spent many a summer in Rapid City, Hill City and Custer. I believe the Heartland RV Park is in an area they call Hermosa. Beautiful place to live.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I think we drove by that park while we were up there last summer . . . didn't stop to check it out, though.

We stayed at Big Pine Campground http://www.bigpinecampground.com/smaltolarg/photos.html just west of Custer for a week last summer!

Great place and close to Rushmore and Crazy Horse.

Ron (the owner) even let me borrow a 16ft. extension ladder so I could get up on the roof of my trailer to rewire the TV antenna as the dealership 'forgot' to do it (even though that was one of the reasons it was in the shop the week before the trip)!

SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg SDCampsite-IMG_0546.jpg SDDevilsTower-IMG_0556.jpg SDMtRushmore-IMG_0760.jpg

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Hi Tony, We will be in the area in early July Hope to see you there. We met at the 2012 Wyoming rally Two couples from NJ, actually there were four couples at the campground.

TXTiger

Be sure to look me up when you get here. I am working weekends at the Park Office.

Hi Tony, We will be in the area in early July Hope to see you there. We met at the 2012 Wyoming rally Two couples from NJ, actually there were four couples at the campground.