Hello, I'm new to forum

rhonime

I have a 2012 Elkridge 295rls, after 2 trips the landing gear button doesn't raise or lower the legs, but the remote works to raise and lower them,what could it seem to be.I've removed the switch and ordered a new one. Does anyone have a hint or some experience with this?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry I can't really help with your question, but help will arrive.

I just wanted to let you know we are glad you are here and introduce myself. I am the Owners Club Chapter Leader for Oregon. Basically that means social director....lol my husband and I live in KFalls and have been part of the forum for about 6 years. We've been club members for about 4 years. Fell free to ask anything you want and we will try to help. You might also want to consider coming to a rally and/or camp out. You would meet new people and learn a lot about various aspects of your RV.

Kristy

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The buttons can get water and dirt in them and lose connectivity. Try pulling the wire connectors on the back of the switch off one at a time at and cleaning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Our Grandaughter had a same problem with her Torque. I found a 30 amp in line fuse holder bad.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
First try this on the switch........spray it in the toggle from the outside.
Since the landing gear works remotely it's probally NOT the fuse.

Attachments

• elect spray.jpg
    elect spray.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Gaffer

Raising or lowering the gear too far will blow the fuse. This is the most common cause of the gear not wanting to go up and down.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I did have this frustrating issue, my remote worked but the switch did not.

Went through 3 switch's, the original WAS bad.....the 2nd & 3rd are good, figured that our after the discovery of the IN LINE fuse. In the Big Country this was located on one of the "red" wires in the battery compartment....it IS independent of the Remote feed.

Good luck!!

Lance

You can view my experience and resolution at the link below

Big Country - Landing Gear....

rhonime

Many thanks to all who replied. After some exploration I finally found the red wire from the battery with the in-line 30 amp fuse.As was suggested the fuse was blown, after replacing it the landing gear button works fine. I now carry a spare switch and several 30 amp fuses.