help please

I have a 2015 Elkridge only a couple months old, yesterday the ac was dripping water inside I turned it off and left it alone for the day. Anyways last night it got down to around 45 so I went to turn the furnace on and now the ac and heat try to run at the same time. What can u do we? We're camping this week and don't wanna freeze lol

jimtoo

Hi adamgreene,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Don't know what thermostat you have, but sounds like you have the fan set to "on", turn fan to "automatic" and try it. Let us know what you find.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

wdk450

I believe the dripping water inside is a faulty Air Conditioner installation. Decide where you want to get this fixed (you don't HAVE to go to the dealer, and this time of year you may want to call a number of RV servicers to see what the wait time is going to be like). You may want to check out your local Yellow Pages and RVServiceReviews.com to find someone. THEN call Heartland Service with your VIN number ready, for warranty service authorization. If you choose a mobile RV servicer, Heartland will NOT pay the travel charge.

Thanks guy the fan was on high I guess the wife switched it somehow I don't know why I didn check that. I will call around Tuesday because the ac had froze up also yesterday I think that's where the water was coming from

jimtoo

Yea,,, Right,,, blame it on the DW :) that's OK as long as she doesn't read these post, you might get away with it. :)

You might pull the inner cover down and look up in the cooling fin area. There should be a small temperature sensor, silver with clips to attach it to the fins, about size of quarter, will have 2 small wires on it. If it is not attached to the fins it will cause the a/c to freeze up. It is there to sense temps and keep the unit from forming ice. It has been known to fall off and just hang there or just not working correctly. If it is loose just clip to fins about 1/2 way up.

Jim M

57chevyconvt

Jim, this was good advice. Sometimes the folks that install upper and lower units overlook the need to marry the bottom control unit (freeze control thermistor) located inside of the RV with the evaporator coil in the upper unit on the top of the RV.

hoefler

On the A/C dripping water, it could be a bad install, but more likely it is condensation collecting on the inside cover. If you are in a very high humidity climate and have the windows open a lot when you think you don't need the A/C, this is a common occurrence when the A/C is turned back on.