HepvO waterless drain trap

Relayman

Has anyone ever used the HepvO waterless drain trap to replace the p-trap and vacume break under their island sink ? After I drain the tank associated with the kitchen...I get a foul smell in the camper. so I was considering using the HepvO system.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollin_Free

If you have a place to install a dishwasher thats not there yet and it's already plumbed in make sure the unused drain is sealed. Others have mentioned this as well.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Rollin_Free

Sorry should have said those with islands that can have dishwasher installed regardless of model

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Relayman

thank you everyone for the fast reply s. do the factory airbreak/ vapor blocking device s sometimes fail to seal off ? the smell.is ONLY if i dump or leave the grey water valve open ( when camped at a full hookup site )

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
thank you everyone for the fast reply s. do the factory airbreak/ vapor blocking device s sometimes fail to seal off ?

Yes they do fail.
Try putting a baggie over the Studor valve and secure it with a rubber band. That will eliminate any odors if the valve is defective.
Replacement valves are not expensive. About $4 for a cheap one and under $15 for a good one.

Peace
Dave

Lou_and_Bette

the smell.is ONLY if i dump or leave the grey water valve open ( when camped at a full hookup site )

Try covering the valve first since that is easy to do. If that doesn't work, your problem may be similar to mine and others on the forum, a gap between the vent pipe and the roof where the pipe exists the rig. Since your smell only occurs when there is a large volume of air passing through the pipe, dumping/grey valve open, I think this might be your problem. This is an easy fix. Pull the vent cap, fill in gap and replace the cap. My smell went away and I know this has worked for others here also.