High point Convection Oven

busted2341

Here is the update:

Heartland was great with taking my findings and providing me a new High Point Convection/microwave Oven. It was installed yessterday 4/2/16. Well, I hate to say it but as predicted with this product, the results are pretty much the same as what we discovered with the replaced oven. The temps were off up to 75 degrees again with the brand new one and the cooking is relativily the same. It overheats on the corners and does not coook even. The question is why do I need to spend 7 or 8 hundred dollars on a new convection/microwave that will properly work for a coach that Heartland stickers at 130k? I am hopeful Heartland wil change their vender.

danemayer

The question is why do I need to spend 7 or 8 hundred dollars on a new convection/microwave that will properly work for a coach that Heartland stickers at 130k? I am hopeful Heartland wil change their vender.

My guess is that the General Manager for each coach has a cost target and in order to add all of the great features in the LM 365, he had to reduce cost somewhere.

Whether that's the reason, or it's something else, I also hope Heartland will change vendors and put in an oven that will be universally loved.

donmogey

My replacement does the same thing. We are goi g to 2 Heartland Rallys in July. We will be talking about hat thete.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

jbeletti

I'm hoping we'll see an oven product change later this year in Landmark. That won't affect current owners but if a change does take place, if will impact future buyers. Any change in this area will be a direct result of the feedback we're getting from owners. Thank you!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Good to hear Jim......
Beings it is the only cooking source in a full time RV "LM 365" the High Point is a big disappointment to those of use that have purchest a high end coach. Glad to hear hopefully somebody is listening. And future buyers my get a better product in theirs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bones

You see should have stayed with he traditional gas oven and not gone all fancy and stuff.

Just kidding. :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If we would have ordered the Landmark instead of taking one off the lot, we would of ordered with the oven option for sure. DW likes to cook more the 1 thing at a time. Something in the oven, and something in the microwave.
Or keeping things warm in the oven tell the rest of the meal is ready.
Now she only has the 1 option and it's taking time to get used to it.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our Landmark is the new classic in that's its was manufactured right before the 365 went into products. We specifically ordered our coach without an oven and electric/propane refrig because we are trying to get away from propane as much as possible. We even installed CheapHeat (an electric modification to the Suburban furnace). Now the only time we uses propane is as a backup to the CheapHeat system which hasn't happened.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We use the electric fire place for our heat. Works perfectly, it's quiet, and it's a nice mild heat that doesn't make the rig stuffy like the furnace does.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Frank, thank you so much for your research on the temps in the Hi Pointe. Explains a lot. We have also had the NW/SE corner burns and definitely experience the burned electrical smell each time we convect. Donna has learned to use it in spite of the temp. errors. She would love to have the Sharp that we had in the Bighorn. One of my few contacts/complaints concerning our Savannah was early on. The microwave portion was so much less effective than our Sharp had been, that we contacted both Heartland and the Hi Pointe folks. They sent a replacement, but it has been no better. My other complaint had to do with the super-flimsy plastic shelf supports in the pantry. Solution there? Buy lighter beans. I suppose we are headed for a replacement in the near future for the Micro-wave/Convection oven. I'll be watching closely for more info on this thread.

Mburtsvt

I'm hoping we'll see an oven product change later this year in Landmark. That won't affect current owners but if a change does take place, if will impact future buyers. Any change in this area will be a direct result of the feedback we're getting from owners. Thank you!

I’m sue this will bring up a bigger question. Why, in what is perceived as a higher end RV (Landmark), does Heartland add such low end appliances? I understand that the dishwasher is next for a product switch over. It’s good to hear that the convection oven is on the short list as well. The key denominator here is that they are all Furrion products. Looking at reviews and the board - not a very reliable product group. I get that the product selection by the product managers are driven by several things. I hope going forward that a higher priority gets placed on vendor reputation and reliability vs. manufacture, (Heartland’s) cost. At the least a “premium” appliance option on special orders might be appreciated.

I will be replacing the two TV’s, (insignia) this month.Don’t get me started. Totally happy with the LG TV and Frigidiare - so far.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
shouldn't Heartland be replacing this junk that doesn't perform as expected? Or is it an other one of those situation as to wear you bought it you deal with it, I guess I don't understand when a consumer spends 70 90,000 on a coach and almost immediately they are replacing big ticket items such as furniture, microwave's, TV, tires, suspension. But let's not forget you do get a year wanenty and if you beg and jump threw all the hoops you might get it replaced

jbeletti

Toy1Ton and Mburtsvt - sorry but in my role at Heartland (Forum/Club) - I'm unable to engage you in a manner you want. It's just not what I do here and I don't have knowledge/insight to all the decision making reasoning.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
$$$! That's the answer. Something has to be sacrificed to get a price point people are willing to spend. There's a perception of "more bang for the buck" at time of purchase for Heartland vs similar brands/class of 5ver. Actual value (diminished, due to lesser quality parts) is likely not realized until later.

What's the saying, "Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
But I don't think this is exclusive to Heartland! It's all brands and "tiers" of product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Most everything else is of very good quality. "It is what it is" for those of us that already bit the bullet so just replace it with a good quality one you like and you will be much happier.

busted2341

Here is the update:

Heartland was great with taking my findings and providing me a new High Point Convection/microwave Oven. It was installed yessterday 4/2/16. Well, I hate to say it but as predicted with this product, the results are pretty much the same as what we discovered with the replaced oven. The temps were off up to 75 degrees again with the brand new one and the cooking is relativily the same. It overheats on the corners and does not coook even. The question is why do I need to spend 7 or 8 hundred dollars on a new convection/microwave that will properly work for a coach that Heartland stickers at 130k? I am hopeful Heartland wil change their vender.

We searched for 2 days for a replacement. One thing we discovered is we have to order for delivery. No one keeps these tings in stock. Oh well Heartland is working with us so when we can get somewhere for a length of time we will work out something.