How do I hook up outside TV to dish?

randolu

So we ordered a Newport and love it so far. However, we have yet to figure out how to get the dish service to work on the outside TV. Does it run through one of the other two inside TV's? Also, has anyone changed it over to a swing arm mount so?

Last edited by a moderator:

TxCowboy

DW and I just worked our way through this drill in the past two weeks. We couldn't get all three televisions to work independently. First off, no antenna that I know about has three output lines and each television will need its own receiver to operate independently.

Also, if your UDC is like our Key West, you only have satellite inputs to the living room and the bedroom, not to the outdoor television. You can bypass either the LR or BR but then you have to wire directly to the outdoor television to support a receiver.

What we ended up doing is just having the outdoor television mirror whatever is on the living room television.

There are ways to put this square peg into a round hole but it'll mean your rewiring something to make it happen.

As to the swing arm mount, we haven't done that mod yet but it should be pretty easy if you can get to the rear of the mount through the indoor cabinet.

HTH

"Hi-Viz" Bill

We also have a 2016 Newport !! Yes, I have put a swing/extend arm on the outside TV !! It works great !! I bought the bracket at Monoprice.com +-$25.00 ... As for Satellite svc "out there", I have the DirecTv Winegard Trav'lr with 2 receivers .. I was told, during our walkthrough, that the outside TV works only thru the "crank-up" antenna .. So, my intention is to buy a +-30' HDMI cable and run it from the cabinet above our LG 55"( where one of our receivers is located, down, around, and thru the dinette cabinet into the outside box and plug into the TV, whenever we want Satellite Outside!! Only time will tell how well it works !!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We did it with a wireless HDMI. Mark bought the parts on Amazon. If you want to know what he did, PM me and I will have him explain or call you to talk on the phone which is probably easier.

Kristy

richheck

Seasoned Member
I have a 2017 LM365 Arlington, I used a "IOGear GW3DHDKIT Wireless 3D with Full HD and 5.1 Channel Digital Audio" that I ordered from Amazon for $189.00 to solve the issue, works great - crystal clear HD using my Dish Network Sat system and a Winegard Traveler 1000.2 auto system going to the living room set.

Piperflyer

We also have a 2016 Newport !! Yes, I have put a swing/extend arm on the outside TV !! It works great !! I bought the bracket at Monoprice.com +-$25.00 ... As for Satellite svc "out there", I have the DirecTv Winegard Trav'lr with 2 receivers .. I was told, during our walkthrough, that the outside TV works only thru the "crank-up" antenna .. So, my intention is to buy a +-30' HDMI cable and run it from the cabinet above our LG 55"( where one of our receivers is located, down, around, and thru the dinette cabinet into the outside box and plug into the TV, whenever we want Satellite Outside!! Only time will tell how well it works !!

My outside TV works with dish, cable and antenna, so check it out before you pay money out for something you don't need Bill

lukeysh

The outside tv will not get satellite service. Wiring diagram shows no wire to it from anything in the udc except antennae and cable. I confirmed with heartland. We used an actiontec hdmi transmitter on living room and transmit to outside tv. Works great except you have to watch same channel as living room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SNOKING

First off, no antenna that I know about has three output lines and each television will need its own receiver to operate independently.

HTH

Directv SWM setup uses one cable from the slimline dish and a SWM splitter for up to 8 receivers on a single antenna with that single coax. So a HDDVR uses two of the 8 receivers available. We are moving on board in a couple weeks and will most likely move our 5 channel Geni HDDVER to the trailer living room. Bed room has a HDDVR, so when I setup my basement TV it will have to be set to one receiver on that HDDVR. With the additional of Whole-Home DVR service on the account, one can record on one DVR and watch it on another TV.

I put the power inserter for the SWM LNB on the living room TV and put the splitter on the back side of the UDC. Just have to run a coax in the jungle to the door side of the trailer.

With a HDMI wireless link and a RF remote the Sat box does not have to be adjacent to the TV.

Chris

Last edited:

Piperflyer

The outside tv will not get satellite service. Wiring diagram shows no wire to it from anything in the udc except antennae and cable. I confirmed with heartland. We used an actiontec hdmi transmitter on living room and transmit to outside tv. Works great except you have to watch same channel as living room.

If my living room is on a satellite program, I get that program on my outside compartment TV. That's how they wired my dish into the coach

mlpeloquin

Directv SWM setup uses one cable from the slimline dish and a SWM splitter for up to 8 receivers on a single antenna with that single coax. So a HDDVR uses two of the 8 receivers available. We are moving on board in a couple weeks and will most likely move our 5 channel Geni HDDVER to the trailer living room. Bed room has a HDDVR, so when I setup my basement TV it will have to be set to one receiver on that HDDVR. With the additional of Whole-Home DVR service on the account, one can record on one DVR and watch it on another TV.

I put the power inserter for the SWM LNB on the living room TV and put the splitter on the back side of the UDC. Just have to run a coax in the jungle to the door side of the trailer.

With a HDMI wireless link and a RF remote the Sat box does not have to be adjacent to the TV.

Chris

I use Direct TV at home and on the road. I put the power module and eight channel splitter in the UDC. Added another wall mounted coax connector in the UDC and ran it to the wall on the opposite side to use a TV on a portable table for outside viewing. Use a Bird Dog meter to quickly set up the antenna with a home dish, and the arm and horn is removed for storage. I drilled out the rivets and use push pins to put it together. My stand is made from is PVC pipe and stores with the cable and meter in a small storage box. Quick assembly, break down, and HDTV.

NTXNEWBIES

Chris
We use the DirecTV Genie system with the DVR receiver in the living area and a Genie client in each of the bedroom and outside. Works like a champ but sure wish we had included the auto satellite locator on the roof instead of the manual one on the ground! What a pain.