Intermittent AC problems

CliffP

While camping last weekend our AC quit blowing cold air. I left it on and it started blowing cold air again a short time later. This lasted about 30 minutes then it went back to no cold air. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

jnbhobe

While camping last weekend our AC quit blowing cold air. I left it on and it started blowing cold air again a short time later. This lasted about 30 minutes then it went back to no cold air. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Where is the fan setting at high, low, or auto ?? It may be on low and the ac is freezing up.

wdk450

I have noted mine doing that, too. It starts out running fan and compressor, and then can be found later running just fan, and the compressor comes back on eventually. From the level of the noise, I am sure it is on High fan.

CliffP

Mindy has been running it on low. We don't have a 30 Amp plug in at home yet so we'll fire up the generator tomorrow night and try it on high. This forum is awesome! Thanks again and we'll surely post results.

jnbhobe

Mindy has been running it on low. We don't have a 30 Amp plug in at home yet so we'll fire up the generator tomorrow night and try it on high. This forum is awesome! Thanks again and we'll surely post results.

It will work on high just the way you have it.

hoefler

high fan should not pull much more than low fan, and you should be able to run on 30 amp service.

CliffP

We were plugging into a circuit that had other draws on it and it would trip a breaker whenever we turned on the AC. I hooked up to a 20 Amp circuit with no other draws and the AC has run fine with the fan on high for the last two hours. Everything appears to be working fine.
Thanks again!