Introducing myself and significant other

Curt_Hinson

Hi, My name is Curtis Hinson. My wife's name is Sandra Hinson. We just traded our '05 Cedar Creek for a 2014 Landmark Sequoia. We had planned to spend a week with our Daughter and Granddaughter in Panama City Beach, but the trip was cut short by a day because of the trade. We had to do a lot of hustling to get everything changed over to the new unit so that we could make the trip. We even ask for (and got) permission to use the new unit with out prep since we were not new to RV'ing. I requested and was given instructions on how to use the leveling jacks. A piece of cake. Anyway, to make a long story short, we completed the trip without too much problems and am happy to be back home. My daughter and granddaughter are on their way back to Texas (Austin where granddaughter lives) and Denton NW of Dallas (daughter) as I write this.

danemayer

Hi Curtis,

Congratulations on your new Landmark and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Glad to hear that your shakedown trip went well. If you have questions about anything, feel free to ask. Also, let me point out that we have a great collection of manuals, including some owner-written user and troubleshooting/repair guides. You can get there from the TOOLS tab at the top of the screen. Here's a link to the user guides, and one to the troubleshooting guides.

VKTalley

Hi, My name is Curtis Hinson. My wife's name is Sandra Hinson. We just traded our '05 Cedar Creek for a 2014 Landmark Sequoia. We had planned to spend a week with our Daughter and Granddaughter in Panama City Beach, but the trip was cut short by a day because of the trade. We had to do a lot of hustling to get everything changed over to the new unit so that we could make the trip. We even ask for (and got) permission to use the new unit with out prep since we were not new to RV'ing. I requested and was given instructions on how to use the leveling jacks. A piece of cake. Anyway, to make a long story short, we completed the trip without too much problems and am happy to be back home. My daughter and granddaughter are on their way back to Texas (Austin where granddaughter lives) and Denton NW of Dallas (daughter) as I write this.

Welcome Curtis and Sandra from another Alabamian!

Curt_Hinson

Thanks Dan. I am sure that I will be looking for more information. I tried all week to get TV via cable hook up at the campground but was unsuccessful. It played my MP3 CD's of classic country and western OK and my daughter/granddaughter watched movies, but with three TV's I feel that I should be able to watch all of the bad weather around the country. I also noted that I have several toggle switches that seem to do nothing. Everything seemed to work whether they were on or off. I had some trouble with the main A/C, but finally got it to going alright. Dang near froze, cause the wife wouldn't let me adjust it after that. I will be turning it in the first of the week to allow Camping World to do their thing as well as work on a small list of things that doesn't work as well as a few that I couldn't figure out during the one week. Two items for sure are the storage space lights do not come on now and the row of little lights under the awning do not come on. I will be looking into installing my whirlpool washer and dryer from my old unit that the salesman helped me remove. I can tell that I have moved up in the world since I now have two dishwashers. The old standby one still complains, but maybe with the extra help of the new unit, I won't have to listen to it anymore.:p

danemayer

Hi Curtis,

On running the A/C, you might find some good tips in our Heating and Cooling Guide, especially since you probably have the bedroom A/C unit ducted.

On cable, there are 2 key steps after connecting the wire. You may already know this, but the signal booster must be OFF. The booster is used for over the air antenna signals. When switching between cable and antenna, you have to turn it OFF for cable, ON for antenna. The 2nd step is to set the menu on the TV to cable and scan for channels.

If you still don't have cable working, and others around you in the park do have it, you may have a loose or poorly crimped coax connector somewhere in the trailer. On a Landmark you can narrow it down a bit by starting with the bedroom TV, which is usually where the signal booster is located. If you get cable working there, but not on other TVs, there's probably a connector problem.

Curt_Hinson

Dan, the bedroom AC is ducted. I figured most of that out, I just haven't had time to learn how to set it up correctly especially program 1 and 2. I will get there. As it is, it seems that the bedroom unit runs constantly. I will definitely check out the Heating and Cooling Guide for more information and/or pointers. Thanks.

As for the TV, the campground supplied cable. That is what I tried to get running. I tried three different cables and I know that two of them are good. I search high and low for the booster button, but still haven't found it. I just now went out and checked the bedroom TV controls but did not find it. Of course, I tired to move the TV from the wall to look behind it, but it won't move yet. Have to figure that out. I have the Dish VIP-211k box as well as the Dish Tailgater automatic antenna. I did not try that one out yet, but will be doing so this afternoon (after it quits raining). I did go through the menu steps, but to no avail. Hey, if all else fails, wait until Camping World does their thing and it should work, right. :D

I am still finding goodies for this unit. While looking for the booster button, I found a box full of tire pressure monitoring system components. Curt

danemayer

Try looking for the signal booster in the bedroom closet and where the washer/dryer space is located.

The bedroom TV mount probably uses a retaining screw that is loosened from below. Here's a link to a drawing from the manuals section of the forum.

Curt_Hinson

Hey Dan, you hit the nail on the head. The booster button for the overhead antennae was hidden in the closet partially hidden by the safe-deposit box. Why in the world would they put it there and not at the major TV controls is beyond me. Another thing that bugs me is the fact that I can't start a new paragraph on this forum. This sentence was supposed to be a new paragraph, but no matter what keys I hit, it does nothing except continue from where I am at. In fact I just tried to change the font color to Red and was going to capitalize the word HELP, but I couldn't type anything else. What am I doing wrong? H hHel;p

danemayer

Hi Curtis,

I know several people have had the problem with starting a new line and I think it's related to the latest version of Windows and Internet Explorer. Using the Firefox browser has solved the problem a couple of times.

Curt_Hinson

Hey, For20Hunter, Google Chrome does work, IE 8 doesn't. Thanks for the suggestion. The only problem is, I really do not care for Google Chrome, but will keep and bounce back and forth.

Thanks again.

Curt

scottyb

Welcome Curt. Those Landmarks are beauties. Be sure and post some photos. As far as IE8, someone posted the remedy on here a while back. Click on the little blue icon, to the right side of the URL box. It makes it compatible with websites designed for older versions. After that, it works great.

Curt_Hinson

Hey Steve and Scotty, thanks for the thumbs up. Scotty, I tried what you suggested, but it doesn't seem to change what I do here. I will be looking at all of the alternatives and maybe change to something else. It was funny that just last night, Time Warner came busting in on my computer insisting that I install their Road Runner browser. I couldn't get rid of the darn thing so I installed it. Then I went into Control Panel to remove it but it wasn't there. So I simply did a system restore. Curt

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Welcome! You've made a great decision not only in your purchase, but joining the Owner's Club. Hope to see you sometime soon!