Introducing myself to the Heartland family

Eileen

Hello friends,

I just want to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Eileen. I am a full-time RVer with my husband, JonV (active in the forums) and our 'baby' Monty (a Bichon Poo). Some of you already know us.

Since I have many interests, I haven't found the time to participate in the forums and now hopefully will have that available time. I am 'newly' retired (2009) and from 30 years doing Administrative duties in the engineering, educational system and lastly a children's mental health organization. After I retired, I pursued my 30 year passion of photography and started a company. This 'love' soon became a job and I found myself working 16 hour days and spending nights on the computer to complete orders. Decided quickly that this wasn't my idea of 'retirement'. ;)

Some of my interests include:
  • Travel. Being a lover of travel, going full-time in an RV was an easy decision. Our journey began December 1st, 2012 and we spent the winter months in Florida planning our future travels. Downsizing and living in basically a 385 sq feet space really makes you realize what you really do need and don't need in life. It has been so liberating and I am so looking forward to "Collecting memories ... not things" (which is our motto). Before RVing, we traveled to Caribbean islands including: Antigua (2x's), St. Lucia (2x's), Punta Cana (5x's), and Cuba (1x). We still will not give up on these island and plan another trip to Cuba in the near future.
  • Photography. I have a photography company at http://vidlerphotography.com. I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II with various "L" series lenses. Quite an investment, but well worth it. Looking for a 100-400L series lens for future photography. My portfolio mostly consisted of portraits, children/family and special events photography. At this time, I have decided to take a step in a new direction and do travel, destination and nature photography. Of course, our travel lends itself to do this sort of photography and I plan trips just for that purpose! I have found a new love in birding and nature photography. To capture images of the wonder of our world is my desire and passion.
  • Blogging. Decided to combine our travel adventures and my photography passion and blog about the places we visit. You can find our blog at http://vidlerRVtravels.com
  • Knitting. I just learned how to knit this year during the winter months! I 'tried' to knit when I was young but never succeeded. Thanks to the patience of some friends, can do a 'few things' and scarves have become something I enjoy doing. I even sell them!!
  • Computers. Having been a 'computer nerd' this has always been in my blood. Started working with computers when it was the DOS 5.1 days. Remember the Command prompt? Lucky for me, computers brought me to a computer user's group meeting, where I met the love of my life... and years later married him!
  • Facebook. I am active on Facebook and doing this keeps me up-to-date with friends and family back home. 2 pages you can find me are at http://facebook.com/VidlerRVtravels or http://facebook.com/EileenVidlerPhotography. This is where I post most of my pics.
  • Reading. I enjoy reading (when time permits) and have a goal to read books I have collected and THEN donate them to RV parks along the way (thus getting rid of some weight). Yes, I have an e-reader, but still have hard covers wanting to be read (and re-read).
  • Making my RV a 'home'. Am on the lookout to replace some items in our RV to make it more 'comfortable' for full-time living. I will be participating in some forums to tweak out some information.

So, this is a little about me. Looking forward to being part of your family.

Eileen

jimtoo

Hi Eileen,

Welcome aboard the Heartland Owners Forum. I see your already part of the family. Hope you continue to enjoy the forum and your Big Country.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome Eileen to the forum. If you have any questions, this is the place to ask. Enjoy full-timing and travel safely.

ILH

Eileen,

Great to have another Ontario resident in here! I have a passion for photography too... but it never went further than an expensive hobby. As for computers, yup - I'm a nerd too - although my 17 year-old makes me look like a dinosaur!

Welcome to the forum - look forward to seeing your posts.