It's almost Bristol Time

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Bristol races are less than 3 weeks away. We are packing up and heading to the campground on Friday 15th, getting everything all set up. Because of work, we have to run back to Knoxville area (yeah, only a couple hours drive) and will be returning on Wednesday for the evening races. Who else is coming?

Kbvols

Not going to race but planning on UT vs VT in 2016. Any campground recomendations.? I know it's a long way off but after they...UT that is go undefeated in 2015 it's going to be a hot ticket!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nabo

Lakeview RV Park about 4-5 miles down the road is a nice campground to stay at which is located south of the track. It's a clean park that all open (no trees) year round. We looked at it for a rally venue but they do not have a clubhouse so that kind of put the location on the back burner. Just north of the track is another campground call Shadrack Campground but I don't know anything about it. For the game, Bristol Motor Speedway might open up it's campgrounds facilities at the drag strip but I haven't heard whether they are or not.

Nabo

They have full hook-ups on the north side of the drag strip which they use during the Nascar races but I'm not paying $750.00 for 6 nights. We camp at a small local campground about a quarter of a mile from the south gate that we go thru to our sites at $350 unlimited time staying. The only down fall is that it's only water/50 amp service but the honey wagons run continually thru the sites.

porthole

Retired
Wow, makes Dover a bargain. Most expensive lot is 130 for Saturday before race till the day after (Saturday, week before). No amenities though, you need to be self contained.
Honey Wagon and water available for a fee.

Nabo

OTBR campground also has dry camping for $175 for the race week. We did a couple of years dry camping with a smaller camper but with the cost of gas to keep the genny running to stay cool almost cost about the same as the electric/water sites so for the last 10 years we just pay the higher fee.

porthole

Retired
Closest real campground to Dover is about 20 miles, or so we have been told.
The lot we use at Dover is a "disabled" lot, have to have the placard and person in the vehicle to bring the camper in.

It is not perfect, I have to cut the grass and this year it was a wet 12-15", and we do have to supply everything - but - it is only 500 feet from the turn 1 grandstand entrance, and that is pretty cool.
We have friends that park on black top on the other side of the track (a mall) and they pay 450 for the race.

sjs731

We are heading down from WI on the 19th. Should roll into Farmer Bob's on the 20th. Looking forward to it. My wife's brother and some of his buddies are coming from NC also.

Nabo

Farmer's Bobs is that far away from us. Steve - we won't get back to the campground until Wednesday afternoon in time for the truck race. Troybuilt (has a Sundance) is also coming to camp next to us, arriving on the 16th. His wife and boys are staying all week but he has to run back to the shop in NC (works for BK race team). Maybe we can run into each other Thursday or Friday.

Nabo

Went up this past weekend to get setup early. As of today 3 other Heartland folks have also shown up at OTBR Campground. They are a North Trail from IL, a brand new Big Horn from TN, a Sundance from NC and of course us.
IMG_1691.jpgIMG_1693.jpgIMG_1692.jpgIMG_1694.jpg

sjs731

Wouldn't mind seeing you guys again. I'll see how our plans shake out. I'm bringing a couple guys with that have never been to Bristol before so that should be fun. We are planning on being there in time for the truck race also.

Steve and Carrie

HOC# 2252

2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax

B&W Companion Hitch

2012 Sundance 3300CK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Fantastic Steve - we will back up on Wednesday afternoon (around 4-ish). The Big Horn folks, the North Trail folks and the Sundance folks will be there all week. Ya got anymore of the cheese kurds??? They were good.
B--

sjs731

Cheese curds are not a problem. We have to stop for a bunch anyway for the guys that are camping with us from NC.

Steve and Carrie

HOC# 2252

2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax

B&W Companion Hitch

2012 Sundance 3300CK

Nabo

Great seeing you again Steve and Carrie. Maybe next year you can come on over and camp near us. I'll give you the info if that's a do-able next year.

For all those Heartlander at Bristol. Buddy Greggs RV's has a 4200 Cyclone with the side patio and a North Trail on display next to the race track (across the creek from the track, 1,2 turn near the pedestrian bridge). Check them out - cool.

sjs731

Great see you also. We aren't sure yet. We have been talking about Kansas Speedway next year or the NHRA Nationals in Minnesota. Some many things to do and so little time. We'll actually vacation time might be the limiting factor. :)

Steve and Carrie

HOC# 2252

2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax

B&W Companion Hitch

2012 Sundance 3300CK