It's Bristol Time Baby!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Who's heading to the races at Bristol this weekend? We are heading up Thursday and welcome any HL'r to come by.

BC1of38

We doing the August races. Where are you staying? We are at Rogers just across the street from the track enterance.

CliffP

Sounds like fun! Always a good race at Bristol, are you camping on the infield? My wife and I will have our first Nascar Camping experience at Michigan in June. Any tips for first timers?
Enjoy!
Cliff

jnbhobe

Sounds like fun! Always a good race at Bristol, are you camping on the infield? My wife and I will have our first Nascar Camping experience at Michigan in June. Any tips for first timers?
Enjoy!
Cliff

Don't stay in the infield !! and if you want to see whats happening on a big track ( over 1 mile ) take a TV !! But I do love Bristol.

Nabo

We camp at 186 OTBR Campground on Old Thomas Bridge Road, less than 1/4 mile from the track. We have 50 amp service and H20 with honey wagons running every couple of hours. Troybuilt with his Sundance is already there and another TN Chapter member is bringing up his Elkridge on Friday. PARTYTIME!!!

BC1of38 - not sure where Rogers is but will keep in touch for the August race. We take the rigs up on the previous Sunday for the week, starting with the truck races.

CliffP - do you have any hookups or are you taking a genny? One suggestion is lots of ground covers (tarps). If you are in a field and the weather turns bad, this will help keep the mud down. Take your sense of humor and have fun.

CliffP

CliffP - do you have any hookups or are you taking a genny? One suggestion is lots of ground covers (tarps). If you are in a field and the weather turns bad, this will help keep the mud down. Take your sense of humor and have fun.
There are no hookups in infield at MIS so we're going to fill with water on way in and use a generator. Didn't think about how muddy the infield can get with rain - we'll make sure to pack the tarps.

Originally Posted by jnbhobe
Don't stay in the infield !! and if you want to see whats happening on a big track ( over 1 mile ) take a TV !! But I do love Bristol.
This'll probably be our only infield stay (Is 44 old enough to say bucket list?) and we'll be watching on TV too. Our site is right at the entrance to pit road and looks like we should be able to see the start/finish line from there (no pits in the way). What are the biggest downfalls of the infield?
Cliff and Mindy

jnbhobe

We always have a good time at the races, most of the times I've been thru the infield its loud, lots of drinking and drunks, not much sleep. We have stayed at Bristol, Richmond, Daytona, Rockingham, Michigan, Martinsville, Charlotte, I like Bristol and Richmond the best.

ChopperBill

He he! Last time I went to a race was in Vegas. Spent a months S.S. check. Could have seen more on TV and had cheaper beer. Guess I haven't figured out how to do it.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Hey NABO Linda and I are driving up Sunday morning we have tickets for Yarborough section B row 3. This will be Linda's first race and she is excited, Might see you there.

Nabo

How exciting!!! Come on up and stay with us Saturday. Just sent ya a PM.

Nabo

Coward (haha). I know what you mean. When we used to live at the beach in SC, we used to never go out to the waterfront during the summer cuz of all the others who came. We would wait to the off season to wonder down the beach.

ccupton

Have lots of fun. Love Bristol. Can't make it this year. We will be in Fontana next weekend in the infield. If anyone is out here give us shout.

porthole

Retired
Have yet to camp out or "See" a NASCAR race live. Have done both (see and tent) at plenty of NHRA events though.

Just ordered the June tickets for Dover. And the camp package at the track.
$114 for camping, no hookups. If I read the rules correctly, they can get you water if needed and you can arrange for pump outs. Genny's off by 11.

The space is available form the Saturday before race weekend till Monday at noon.
And if the funds are available I'll stay over Monday and do the track experience thing. $99 for a 4 lap ride in the passenger seat or $399 for 10 laps on your own.

I have ridden my motorcycle on the Pocono track - that was quite interesting.

Nabo

I gave hubbie the ride along a couple of years ago and he loved it. He was in the #20 car Home Depot running 17 second laps. He got out shaking and wanting more.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Nabo, ya'll have fun! Maybe next year we can get back to the salad bowl too. One thing about Bristol is that you can see the whole track from almost any seat. We've camped at Bristol, Atlanta and Dega. Being 20 minutes from Memphis Motor Park, we never camped, just tailgated. I've driven Dega, Memphis and Nashville and it's always fun. I'll look for you in the stands on tv.

Nabo

OH MY - what a wonderful day. Temps were in the mid-70's and sunny. The campground here is only about 1/2 full and the campground beside us only has about 5 campers which normally has about 200. Guess the economy has everyone down. We walked the vendor area this afternoon and it was only about 1/2 full as well. Not all of the sponsor trailers were here either. Wonder how many will be in the stands tomorrow for the Nationwide race?

GETnBYE

I think they are all in traffic. Wayne is on his way there, (not with the camper, but a tent, LOL) and say they are at a crawl on the road. I told him to be on the lookout for Heartlands. Have fun.

OH MY - what a wonderful day. Temps were in the mid-70's and sunny. The campground here is only about 1/2 full and the campground beside us only has about 5 campers which normally has about 200. Guess the economy has everyone down. We walked the vendor area this afternoon and it was only about 1/2 full as well. Not all of the sponsor trailers were here either. Wonder how many will be in the stands tomorrow for the Nationwide race?