Just got the new Level Up System

LBallard

Congratulations, You'll love it. We had ours installed after the rally. No problems so far. (Except for a minor hydraulic leak. anyway it doesn't leak anymore) It is a great system.

chasdvorak

Congrats Evans,

I got mine installed at the end of August and have had some time to play around with it.....really nice. I'm still using the rear electric stabilizers at our home campground, but I've got to make a sign near the control panel to remind me to check them before I start moving things around. I've spent most of my time giving demo's to friends and neighbors, but I hope to get one or two more trips in before the seasons comes to an end. I might make it to the Iowa Rally if I can juggle a schedule that locked me out of the Illinois rally. Maybe we'll see you there.

Take care,

Chuck Dvorak

jbeletti

...I might make it to the Iowa Rally if I can juggle a schedule that locked me out of the Illinois rally. Maybe we'll see you there...

Sorry to hear you can't make IL this year - me either. But c'mon, get jugglin' - you gotta make Iowa's first rally! Hope to see you there.

Jim

porthole

Retired
How did the install go Jon?

Did you check for H leaks? Especially around the big block on the right side front ram.

jnbhobe

No problems at all, we are in Ill. now, everything seems good. We are going to hook up Katkens front landing gear switch today as long as the switch is still there. We love the level-up.

hillsonwheels

Hey,

Had ours installed in August also and really like the system! Have only dropped the feet on it five times now and the last time (today) ended up having to level in the manual mode when we returned to VA from Mt. Airy. Suspect my "evil twin" has hit the wrong button :( some way and caused a loss of memory for automatic leveling.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened?

Plan on calling Trail Air tomorrow to see what Ron has to say.

Dick

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hey,

Had ours installed in August also and really like the system! Have only dropped the feet on it five times now and the last time (today) ended up having to level in the manual mode when we returned to VA from Mt. Airy. Suspect my "evil twin" has hit the wrong button :( some way and caused a loss of memory for automatic leveling.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened?

Plan on calling Trail Air tomorrow to see what Ron has to say.

Dick

Dick,

Have you tried cutting off the battery switch AND disconnecting from shore power, then powering back up? This will reset the memory in the system board.

hillsonwheels

Gus......

Thanks for the tip. Didn't even know where to start. As stated, was gonna call Ron Mc Coy @ Trail Air Systems before I got too far into self diagnostics. These new fangled computer thingies are far beyond what I think a big whack with a hammer should cure. :rolleyes:

Dick

loafer

Hey Evans
Congrats on the level up life will not be the same you will just want to park and plunk and play level up all day
LOL
Bill

jpajax

Dick you have to realize that it is only as smart as the operator. Now I am going back to my room.

porthole

Retired
Dick - how level was the trailer before you started? The system can only auto level for about 3 degrees out of level.
If that is the case you have to manually get it close then hit the auto level button.

hillsonwheels

Hey All,

Thanks for all the good info. Been sorta busy around here trying to visit friends and relatives before we get outta Dodge on monday. Only things that I've done are to do the shut down thing recommended by Gus and to download the manual posted by Jon. Everytime I try to shut down a 40 year old single wide I think that I need a sanity check.........then memories of all the good times shared with my family kick in and I "get it" one more time.

Once we pick up stix here and are "on the road again" I'll let you know what happened.

Dick

hillsonwheels

The next chapter...........for those who are interested.

Have moved and set up twice since my last post. Before doing so I tried Gus's suggestion about unhooking from both power sources for a reset. First attempt at setting up resulted in no joy. Having said that what I've found is that the system is really "picky" about terrain. The first set up, and the initial problem area, were really high at front foot placement. Consequently, "it don't work!" So I had to "williwicker" (that is a good "suthren" word) the system to get the coach level.

Before second attempt, I repeated the "Gus" maneuver. On mostly level ground, the system worked fine. Having said all that I suspect that each and every one who buys into the Level Up will undergo a leaarning curve on its use. I'm still pleased that I had it installed and do recommend it highly. Those of us who encounter terrain (as in my case) that is high at the front feet.......get ready for some williwickering experience. The same may apply for out of whack side to side terrain.

The directions supplied by Jon (in above post) are much better thqn what I was given at the time of install.

Dick

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dick, the Level Up is awesome. When you "williwicked" the front end to get the system to self level, you did just what I was told. If your rig is too far off level it will not auto level. Same goes for side to side level. If you are off level by a bunch you will have to raise one side up some then hit the auto level. I was given a number in degrees that it can be off and still work. But I don't remember that number. Heck, I don't remember what I had for breakfast.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
3% or 3 degrees?
I thought it was 3 degrees, and only left to right.

The system drops the nose down well below level to get a baseline. If you are facing an up slope it may have a bit of dropping to do to find the baseline. I experienced that on our dog camp trip. The front legs retracted to when 4-5" of fully retracted before it reversed.

One of the "tricks" I have been doing with mine - when I park the trailer all the way over in my driveway I have to do some twisting and turning. This usually results in the the tires and wheels being stressed in opposite directions. Now I leave the trailer hooked up, raise the rear jacks equally until the rear tires are off the ground and "straighten Up".

Hit the auto retract then disconnect.