Kingpin Stabilizer

Westwind

It's does keep our heads away from the kingpin, my wife found out the first week we had the trailer in the driveway that her head and the kingpin don't mix.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's does keep our heads away from the kingpin, my wife found out the first week we had the trailer in the driveway that her head and the kingpin don't mix.

For me, it's not the kingpin that I smack, it's the lower edge of the overhang. Sometimes, wearing a ball cap is hazardous to your health when you're taking a shortcut under the overhang.:(

Westwind

Sometimes it pays to be vertically challenged, I thought the bedroom slide was going to be a problem but I'm must short enough, at 5' 8" and shrinking I just miss it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sometimes it pays to be vertically challenged, I thought the bedroom slide was going to be a problem but I'm must short enough, at 5' 8" and shrinking I just miss it.

I'm 5'8", too, and would be 5'5" if I wasn't careful ducking under the overhang.

Westwind

Tripod, well I don't know what it would be like in the trailer with the WD going and no tripod, I'll have to try it one of these days, right now it is on the FW and the bikes are locked to it. At first I just parked the bikes under the nose of the FW but in a strong wind they fell against the tailer, had to clean and wax those marks off, so now they are
locked to the tripod.
I'm wondering if the "strongarm" type might reduce some the shaking.