Kitchen Slide Problem

BarbandFrank

We have four slides on our 2016 Landmark. Three slides are working properly, however, the kitchen slide (the one with the stove and refrigerator) will not open.

Does anyone have an idea on what the problem might be?

Frank

danemayer

Hi BarbandFrank,

Since the other slides are working, your hydraulic pump and electrical system are working.

On the failing slide, if the pump makes noise when you press the switch to operate the slide, then the problem is likely with the valve that opens that slide, or perhaps the wiring to the valve. If there's no pump noise when operating the switch, you probably have a switch problem. Sometimes rocking the switch back and forth will get things going - that may be a sign the switch is starting to fail.

If you think it's a switch problem, you could try swapping 2 of the switches. If a bad switch, the problem will move to the other slide. If a wiring or valve problem, swapping switches won't make any difference.

BUT, before experimenting with the switches/wiring, use your phone to take a good, clear picture of the backside of each switch so you can get wires back in the right place.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If your slides are hydraulic and there are individual valves at the pump, check that the valve for the kitchen slide is open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EOneal59

Also check under your LM for any oil leak. There may be hydraulic line lose to the kitchen slide. I've had to change several on my 2015 BH

CoveredWagon

The slide solenoids are twoway valves. Power is applied to on side or the other for operation. If a wire / connector has come off it will not operate in that direction. Find the solenoides and carefully look at the wiring. I actually found one connector off before I needed it. They usually get buried in amongst a mess of other wires.

BarbandFrank

Problem solved! We have a bad switch. Have a replacement on order, but in the meantime, we figured out how to change the switch to get the kitchen (stove/fridge) slide open.

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas!