Leaking slide & uneven worn tires & squeaking

ajtanzer

Looking for insight for three issues, we have a 2019 torque t285

1. We have a leak at the corner of the slide in the actual camper, floor is compromised all the way to the wall that has the schwintech mechanism. Service center said leak was caused by the black channels at the base of the slide being turned in. They realigned them, but not sure that is the actual issue, only time will tell. Anyways, current issue is when the slide is in we get water on the top of the slide that then comes down either side of the slide onto the floor, depending on which way the camper is pitched. From what I read online, most likely culprit is seals need to be replaced. Wanted to confirm with anyone if this is the actual case. Over the years, 2 times we have had water come in when we pulled the slide in due to it actually raining and water on top of the slide, no big deal, but over the last 2 months, every time it rains, if the slide is in,water comes in on top of the slide, we can hear it running and see it. I watched some videos of replacing the seals and they don't seem to be too difficult, trying to confirm this as well

2. Husband noticed yesterday that the back tires are unevenly worn, not 100% sure the issue, we are due to get new tires, but them being worn unevenly is a concern, looking to see if anyone has any insight, we did have to replace a tire 2 years ago due to damage, so even the new one has uneven wear on it

3. constant annoying squeak/squeal at times, when you walk around the camper, regardless if the stabilizers are down or not, in the past we lubricated the axles and any pivot point and that seemed to help, but it has come back, curious if anyone has any other suggestions

centerline

the slide seals may need to be replaced if its leaking, but dont overlook the possibility of leaking around the window frame, or at one or more of the screw heads on the sealing flange at the outer corners of the slide-out..... the screws are a common source of leakage, but a layer of eternabond tape over them will reseal it...

if the window frame is leaking the window would need recaulking on the outside.... or remove the window and do a better job of sealing it than the one who set the window did....

tires... if your concerned about tire wear, it should be addressed BEFORE you get new tires.... (I would be very concerned at the cost of them)

it could be bearing issues, suspension wear, bent axle, which would cause the tire to be out of alignment.... if there is no wear, then the spring hangers may have been welded in the wrong spot, causing them to be misaligned with each other.....

the squeeking could be due to worn out suspension bushings, but one has to crawl under the trailer and search and listen, while someone walks around in it, to find the precise area where the noise is coming from.... a bit of squeeking is not uncommon in trailer suspension, but some of us do what we can to suppress it further....

We have a 2022 torque 371 that we purchased new in April of 2023. The bedroom cable driven slide has leaked when it rains hard for a significant period since we picked it up. We have been working with Heartland and dealer to try to get this fixed since October. They have replaced the rubbers and tries various other things but all that has happened so far is that the leak now only happens when the slide is closed and the leak has moved from the front of the slide to the back of the slide. The dealer has been great and is trying everything in conjunction with the Heartland rep. So far no luck. We are due to leave in 10 days for our month long trip but are not sure if we will even be able to go. This is si frustrating and disheartening! We have had other campers but never a cable slide and never had problems like this! We don’t even know if it can be fixed!

ajtanzer

We have a 2022 torque 371 that we purchased new in April of 2023. The bedroom cable driven slide has leaked when it rains hard for a significant period since we picked it up. We have been working with Heartland and dealer to try to get this fixed since October. They have replaced the rubbers and tries various other things but all that has happened so far is that the leak now only happens when the slide is closed and the leak has moved from the front of the slide to the back of the slide. The dealer has been great and is trying everything in conjunction with the Heartland rep. So far no luck. We are due to leave in 10 days for our month long trip but are not sure if we will even be able to go. This is si frustrating and disheartening! We have had other campers but never a cable slide and never had problems like this! We don’t even know if it can be fixed!
We have a schwintec slide, our camper spent a month at the dealer, they claim “they can’t find the leak”, we have videos of the water coming in/creating the leak, but they can’t duplicate it. Dealer came to the conclusion the “roof of the slide is too flat and just holds water”. So the solution was to add a slide topper, the seals were $$$ and there wasn’t any guarantee that would fix our issue and we declined getting those changed. We have no idea if this the topper is going to fix the issue, but it’s the only option. We tilt our camper up in the front so our only leak was in the back of the slide where the water pooled due to the tilt.

Luckily the work being done on our camper is under warrant so to date there has been no charge. The dealer has been able to duplicate the leak but has not been able to determine how the water is getting in. Changing the slide rubbers didn’t fix it. Hope your topper works.

Routemaster

"A" pull you slide in about a foot then check that the roof material could be trapped like mine was, between the back of the fascia and the box frame and you could find that is where the water is getting in. On mine I found out running down and rotting out my dining floor.
Regards wheels check out the pitch off your axles and the spring hangers on mine should be 61"+/=.125"( IMO could be closer limits)
I have a hanger that is welded 1 1/2 degrees out of square maybe she wants to turn a corner going the road. Check my old posts I have pictures up on stuff.
Good luck.
Den.

Attachments

• Close up far end.JPG
    Close up far end.JPG
    671.7 KB · Views: 18
I am happy to be able to say that the leak was fixed. Camping world in Roanoke was awesome. They found the leak and had it all fixed in time for our next camping trip.

The leak was in the bedroom wardrobe slide. The camper leaked whether it was open or closed. They found three problems. The drip tray under the slide was cut too short at the factory and had to be replaced. The top d rubber outside that seals when the slide is closed, was sagging an inch and a half in the middle. They replaced that. Also, the top outside seal was cut too short on one side. That was replaced as well.

We just had 2 days of Florida rain and the camper is dry.

These issues were defects from the factory and the camper leaked from when we first got it. Camping World of Roanoke VA and Heartland warranty were great. They worked together to get the problems fixed at no cost to us as the camper is still under warranty.