Left speaker don't work

BradR016

I bought this new North Peak and found the left speaker does not work. The speaker is good (I tested it) and the wiring from the radio to the 4 strand flat wire is good, and the connection under the trailer ( at the slide) was tested and good. I noticed the 4 strand wire runs forward and the speaker wire are of a different type of wire leading me to believe that there is another connection somewhere before it goes to the ceiling.

Does anyone know how the speaker wire are run from the slide to get to the ceiling? That will help me from taking the whole bottom off to track the wires

Thanks

wdk450

I bought this new North Peak and found the left speaker does not work. The speaker is good (I tested it) and the wiring from the radio to the 4 strand flat wire is good, and the connection under the trailer ( at the slide) was tested and good. I noticed the 4 strand wire runs forward and the speaker wire are of a different type of wire leading me to believe that there is another connection somewhere before it goes to the ceiling.

Does anyone know how the speaker wire are run from the slide to get to the ceiling? That will help me from taking the whole bottom off to track the wires

Thanks

Next logical step would be to wire in a known good working speaker to the stereo's left speaker output terminals to see if the stereo left channel is working.
You can check the wiring to the existing left speaker by connecting a AAA battery to the left speaker wires - You should hear some static noise from the speaker as you connect the wires. If you are sensitive to electricity beware you might get a harmless electric shock from the wires (inductive kickback from the speaker coil) - insulate your fingers, or just touch one terminal at a time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Also, before you start chasing wires . . . try the balance (left to right) . . . this is often not set correctly from the factory!

BradR016

Thanks for the reply. I have tested the speaker and it works I also pulled the radio out. and wired in a speaker on the left output wires and it also worked. I believe the wire is broken somewhere under the trailer or in the ceiling. The big problem the ceiling is foam filled and hard to trace the wire as well as the under side covered. I have done a little searching and it appears the wire run from under the slide forward ( I would have thought it would run back the up to the ceiling). I suspect some where either a wire is cut or where the 4 strand wire turns into the brown wire that's in the ceiling it was not connected.

wdk450

Thanks for the reply. I have tested the speaker and it works I also pulled the radio out. and wired in a speaker on the left output wires and it also worked. I believe the wire is broken somewhere under the trailer or in the ceiling. The big problem the ceiling is foam filled and hard to trace the wire as well as the under side covered. I have done a little searching and it appears the wire run from under the slide forward ( I would have thought it would run back the up to the ceiling). I suspect some where either a wire is cut or where the 4 strand wire turns into the brown wire that's in the ceiling it was not connected.

This is sounding like something pretty hairy to find/correct. I think it would be worth your while to get a professional RV repairer fix this, and have Heartland pay for it under warranty. Call Heartland service with your VIN # ready, and see who they would recommend in your area.