Level Up Memory

donr827

I have a question about the six point leveling system. If you are going to park the trailer for several months and turn the battery disconnect switch to off position does the level up system have to be zeroed in again or is there an internal battery that will remember the level setting?
Don

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
The Level Up Leveling System (six point) remembers the level setting in memory no matter how long or how often the battery is turned off.

NorthCal Bob

Call Lippert about your particular model, I was told by Lippert, the one I have does not retain memory if you loose battery power and has to be reprogrammed. Instructions for reprogramming are included in the instruction manual.

donr827

Finally had a chance to call Lippert on this question. According to the gentleman I talked to the zero level point is stored in memory for 180 days.
Don

danemayer

Finally had a chance to call Lippert on this question. According to the gentleman I talked to the zero level point is stored in memory for 180 days.
Don

Maybe he was making up the answer rather than say he doesn't know. Given that RVs are routinely in storage with no power for 6 cold-weather months (180 days +), many would have to be calibrated over again each spring. That seems like a very unlikely design. Seems much more likely they store it in a chip that has a byte or two of non-volatile memory that doesn't depend on power (think USB Keys that go in your computer to store data).

donr827

Dan, Agree with you but just passing along what a Lippert tech told me. He could be a welder for them also.
Don

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Don't know about at Lippert, but around here, in some of the smaller RV shops, the welder is also the electronics tech, and the plumber, and the hydraulics man, and...well you get the picture.:)