LEVEL UP SYSTEM for Sundance

currituck0209

Sir; i own a 2011 sundance xlt 275re, i was wondering if they make a level up system for the rv, or is the frame heavy enough to handle it.
Thank you

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have the Rieco-Titan Wireless Ground Control system which comes with a remote. Check it out on the website http://www.riecotitan.com/groundcontrol.html. We saw the system a couple of years ago and have installed it on our last 2 coaches. It's great cuz each jack is independent, 5,000 lbs each, and cn be interchangeable. It's great to be able to lift the whole coach off the ground or just one side which is hard to do with the LevelUp system. Good luck.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's great to be able to lift the whole coach off the ground or just one side which is hard to do with the LevelUp system. Good luck.

The LevelUp will perform these functions with ease.

Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes Cookie the LevelUp will lift the whole coach up but you can not raise just one side or just one jack independently. Also the LevelUp used hydraulic fluids which could spring a leak, locking up the whole system. The electric wireless system can work independent of each other or all together. Also, if there is a problem with one jack, its easy to take a motor off of another leg and put it on the problem leg, never leaving a coach without being able to raise or lower any of the legs. An individual who is mechanically incline can also install the system themselves. There are a couple of folks on the forum who have done this.
If I remember correctly, the Sundance coaches do not have a hydraulic system, therefore making it more difficult to add the LevelUp system but its been 6 years since we owed a Sundance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well............with the LU, you can raise just one side. Front, rear, left or right. I see no need to raise just one jack. The Hydraulic system seeks its own level.
If the Sundance has no hydraulic slide system it would not be a problem just adding the pump and reservoir.
I am not promoting the LU, but I just want the OP to have correct information.

Peace
Dave

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I came within an "inch" of having Lippert install the 6 leg (autolevel) Level Up system on our 2009 Sundance 2900MK. The reason we did not was because we now have a 2011 Big Country, and we had the 6 leg Level Up installed on it. The conversion would have been the same for the Sundance, the front electric legs were removed, and the hydraulic pump (for the Sundance) installed with the 6 hydraulic legs. Since the Big country has hydraulic slides, Lippert installed a higher capacity hydraulic pump with a larger capacity reservoir to accommodate the auto level up system. When I was discussing the install on the Sundance, Lippert had no issues applying and installing the level up to the Sundance frame. The conversion cost however is higher changing from electric to hydraulic legs. Give Jarod Lippert a call and get first hand advice.

Swanny59

Hi Nathan & Byrd,

By installing this system, does it void the warranty on the Lippert frame?

Thank you,