Local RV service and Heartland Rep come through in a big way.

Lana

On the night before we reached our first destination in Florida our slide out got stuck right before it went in all the way. A fellow RVer looked underneath and said he thought some teeth were missing on the gears. We have a Trail Runner 27RKS. Our first stop was St. Pete where my partner's sister lived. Luckily we had a place to stay or this would have been very costly for us. We called Lazy Days and Camping World to see if they could get us in. Both said they could get us in in mid February!!!! This was December 29th when we called. We called a local place called RVs R Us in Largo, Florida. The manager said bring it over. He checked it out the next day and said we needed a Cog Gear Pack and once he got it he could have it fixed in a couple of hours. This was December 30th. He called Heartland to order it and they said it would take 2-4 weeks to get it. We couldn't wait that long as we had other reservations in other cities and really couldn't use it the way it was. Part of the problem was that the parts plant was closed until January 5.
We called the Heartland Rep and he was very helpful. He had the part shipped out on Jan. 5 and the shop got it on the 6th and we had our trailer on the 7th. We were so thankful for the reps help and RVs R Us. The guys there were so friendly and helpful. If you are ever in the St. Pete area and need help, look them up.

DocFather

Great report and nice to read something good for a change. With so many negative issues and unacceptable endings it is nice to read of a happy ending.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
There are far more positive experiences with Heartland and their products that most people realize. I have ALWAYS had great experiences with Heartland Customer Service and have received better service on my Bighorn and Landmark that I ever received with my 3 prior SOB's. The problem is most of us do not take the time to write about it when Heartland, their repair facilities, or their vendors treats us right, but those that have bad experiences are very vocal in expressing their experience. It's nice to hear the positive stories.

Rod Ditrich