Looking for first 5th wheel

Fredtp

I currently have an Outback TT and this time next year the wife and I plan on having a 5th wheel. We have been looking and reading alot and we have narrowed our search to either a Big Horn or Landmark or a Montana or the new Alpine.
I really like these forums, they are very informative.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Welcome to the forum. I would recommend a Heartland Product based on 1. their available products which are price competitive 2. The customer support you will receive from Heartland RV (the manufacturer) which is second to none. Good luck in your search.

jimtoo

Hi Fredtp,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help when needed.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Heartland product. Here on the forum you will hear both the good and the bad. But we do have great factory support.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully you will become a family member. Check out some of the rallies and RV shows.

Jim M

Yianni

And if the above 2 recommendations are not enough, you and I can start a sub forum of previous Outback owners who bought Heartland's.
Seriously, we enjoyed the Outback but really love the Heartland.
Have fun shopping!

4ever

I would also recommend Heartland products. I have a Bighorn 3410RE and we are very happy with our choice. As with any product we had some items that need to be corrected. Customer Service is top notch. Heartland has taken CARE of everything. In addition, Heartland has a dedicated person Director of Owner Interest Jim Beletti). Don't think any other company has that.

Ted

SilverRhino

We currently own a Big Country 3250.....and really enjoy the unit. This is our fifth RV.....our second 5th wheel. Each of these has been of different manufactureres.....by far.....the support from Heartland has been the best.

We purchased our BC in June of this year.....previous to looking at the HL we were also looking at the Montana. After comparing the units....cost...etc. we opted for the HL and are glad we did!

Whatever HL product you choose......I am sure you will be extremely happy with your choice.

Hope you join the HL "family" !

Good Luck on your search.

Two Hands

We went from a travel trailer to a fifth wheel three years ago and are so glad we did. It is much easier to hook up, one person can hook up without any problem, and the fifth wheel tows so much better than a travel trailer. Add landing gear and rear stabilizers that extend at the push of a button and "camping" becomes even more enjoyable.

rick_debbie_gallant

I currently have an Outback TT and this time next year the wife and I plan on having a 5th wheel. We have been looking and reading alot and we have narrowed our search to either a Big Horn or Landmark or a Montana or the new Alpine.

Fred:

You wont go wrong if you decide on a Heartland. As others have said "every manufacture has its problems". But none stands behind there products as well as Heartland. I personally don't expect to tow a vehicle or trailer that is made of mixed building components and methods of attachments down the road at 60+ MPH and not expect to have something break, loosen up, etc........
Lets face it, all it takes is one bad bump at those speed and something has to give. As for my Big Horn 3670rl I could not ask for anything more in a fifth wheel for the money. Service is great, support is great, the product is great. Nuf said, good luck in your hunt.

aatauses

I am not sure I can add any additional comments, but here is our experience. We decided to buy an RV about 4 years ago and started our research. We eventually decided on a fifth wheel rather than a motor home---but which one. We continued our research for the next year or so and each item we had on our list, Heartland had the best approach. We did buy a HL 3670 and like people said we had a few issues, but the costomer service coming from HL is second to none---
Do your research and I am sure you will come up with a HL product.
al

rick_debbie_gallant

Fred:We put a small chest type freezer in the closet. That way we can bring those special goodies from home and take back some fresh caught fish from the gulf. We just use the laundry mat where ever we camp or stay.:)

Less weight and less to break.

Benford

Having owned both a Montana and Landmark 5th, I can tel you that the Montana is not even on the same planet as the Landmark.

geeksrus

I suggest you also post this on RV.Net Open Roads & IRV2 where you would get a much more balanced perspective.

Eh!