Low fresh water pressure?

mdw1003

I have a 2011 3610RE Big Horn that I may have a low fresh water pressure issue.

Filled tank fresh water tank to sanitize and flush. I only get a stream of water out of both the kitchen and bathroom faucets about the diameter of a pencil. I can here pump running.

Is this normal or do I have a problem?

Mike Woodyard

rvn4fun

Our expierience, don't know if this will also be your problem. When we went back to the campground with new rv, we didn't have enough water pressure to even take a shower ect. We ended up taking every faucet areator off and they were filled with plastic filings. Shower head ect., after cleaning what we could we started taking water savors out of shower and even found one at both ends of the hose. When we were finished we had good pressure, but every few weeks or so we would get plastic filings back into the areators so they have to be cleaned every so often. Even a year later they still show up once in awhile. If you hook up to a outside water hydrant and still have the same pressure as you had when you had the water pump on, it is probably the above problem. Wife still says we don't have the same pressure as we had with old rv, but we are getting by.

mdw1003

Thanks for the reply. We do have good pressure when hooked up to city water, so I'm still leaning towards either a bad pump or just bad pressure.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Get down in the basement and check the pump while it's running. Make sure all fittings to it are secure, especially the little sediment filter.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am with John on this, check the sediment filter on the pump. If you can hook up a direct line from the pump to the outside, you could run the pump and know if the pump is putting out like it should. Could be a bad pump. How is the toilet flushing and how is the outside shower?

Peace
Dave

hoefler

If you can get to the pump, remove it and take the head apart. The could be some debris in the valves, shavings of plastic, etc..

mdw1003

Thanks all for the advice. Found the problem this morning. Kinked supply hose off the winterizing valve. Once Icut out the kink and shortened the hose----plenty of pressure!

Mike