Low water pressure

55Karl

:rolleyes:I just got this new 5th wheel on 10th of Aug. it's a 3450 TS and I have low water pressure at every water faucet in the brand new camper. Can any one help me?

I've tried looking at the pressure where it came out at the campgrounds. It came out with plenty of water pressure.

I tried putting a shorter hose on it and that didn't help either.

Were going back down Labor day weekend to Meramec Valley Campgrounds. We will try some other things to check out the pressure.

On another note, we notice as we were pulling out the slide that there wasn't a rubber hiding the rollers on the bottom of the bedroom slide. Is there suppose to be one there?

Check it out nice place to camp
http://meramecvalleycampresort.com/site/

They even have a radio station they play some old song here the webpage
http://loudcaster.com/channels/363-route-66

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: Low water presser

Karl, need a little more info. All fausets...just some. What is the pressure at the shore hook up?? Are you dry camping?? Did you have good pressure during your PDI at the dealers. Did the dealer even have a water hose hooked to your coach?? Does the water pump run// Is there enough water in the tank?? Remove all the strainers on the fausets and see if they are clogged.

brianharrison

Re: Low water presser

Sure, we can help! :angel:

It is while you are drawing from the fresh water tank and using the pump?

Or is it while you are connected to city water through a campground service?

Solutions to the two different scenarios are different. If you can provide additional details, there are lots of members here ready to help!

Is the low pressure from all the taps? or just one?

Any other information or your observations that you can provide will help us to help you.

Take care,
Brian

Edit - Bob posted while I was typing........

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Karl, are you using a pressure regulator? Sometimes these are not needed and actually can drop normal pressure from the campground to undesirable levels in the coach.
All fixtures in the coach have water saving devices built in. I ether drilled out or removed all of these devices in ours. They are not all the same either so you'll have to investigate how each one reduces water flow.
Does your rig have an outside shower? Check pressure there too. Good luck with this and be sure to come back and let us know if you were able to resolve the problem.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
AAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Brian was trying steal my thunder. Wondered why his question were the same as mine until I read the "edit". Thats OK Brian...I will forgive you this time. Not soooo much next time. LOL

TedS

If you are getting low flow rather than low pressure, remove the faucet screens and make sure they are clean. They could have assembly debris in them reducing the flow.

mdw1003

Just an FYI-----we had a low flow/pressure problem on our first dry camp after getting oujr Big Horn 3610RE and discovered, after trying several other options, that the hose between the 12V pump and fresh water tank had been kinked during assembly at the factory. Cut out the kink and shortened the hose---no more problem. Just had to remove the access hatch in the basement to get to the hose.

Paul_W

I had the same problem with our new Sundance earlier this season when hooked up to city water. I could have kicked myself when I found that my brand new hose was kinked in about three different places. The cheap hoses that come in the supply "kits" with new coaches have absolutely no sidewall support. I hit the dumpster with the new hose and hooked up my tried and true expensive hose from my old trailer. Problem solved!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just an FYI-----we had a low flow/pressure problem on our first dry camp after getting oujr Big Horn 3610RE and discovered, after trying several other options, that the hose between the 12V pump and fresh water tank had been kinked during assembly at the factory. Cut out the kink and shortened the hose---no more problem. Just had to remove the access hatch in the basement to get to the hose.

I just helped a friend install a new EMS. While I was behind the wall I found exactly what you did, a kinked hose to the pump.

Peace
Dave